Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ingrown hair/boil? Tmi!

(4 Posts)
elizabeth27 Tue 17-May-16 11:12:35

Hi

I am about 6 weeks pregnant and seem to have a hard red lump on my bikini area yuck! I think it could be an ingrowing hair but I can't see it! What can I do - I did attempt to squeeze but hurts and don't want to make it worse! Can I use sudocreme? X

smellsofelderberries Tue 17-May-16 12:02:51

It sounds like an ingrown hair. What I would do is fill a sock with some rice, tie the 'ankle' bit of the sock in a knot so you have a little ball. Warm it in the microwave until it's hot but not painful against your skin, and hold it against the spot until it cools down. Repeat as much and as often as possible. The heat will draw the source of the infection to the surface of the skin after a few days. It sounds weird but I have painful cystic acne (they're like boils) and it's the only thing that will sort them.

Twinklelittlestar1 Tue 17-May-16 16:31:02

Hi, I've had this. I'd go to the doctors if I were you. I had one on my groin which was treated with antibiotics and then I got one under my arm which I left and it got larger and larger until I had to have it removed surgically because it was so painful.

elizabeth27 Wed 18-May-16 09:31:30

Thanks - seems less red today but still a lump under the skin - tried to get a doc appoitmebt but full - have to try again tomorrow for Friday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now