Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Developing a weird asthmatic cough...

(7 Posts)
KoolDog Mon 16-May-16 16:54:28

Hi

I'm 38 weeks and over the last month or so I've developed a cough that comes on whenever I eat. It's not a 'choking cough' (i.e. I'm not chocking on anything), it's an 'asthmatic cough' which makes me wheezy. It's fairly annoying and it's made me puke a few times, but mostly I just don't understand why!

Any thoughts?

MintyBojingles Mon 16-May-16 18:43:10

Do you get asthma? Either way I'd get it checked if it's making you throw up (asthma can do that)

KoolDog Tue 17-May-16 09:38:02

Hi - no, no asthma at all! It's very weird...

MintyBojingles Tue 17-May-16 11:32:34

Are you struggling to breathe or feel unusually short of breath at all?

KayTee87 Tue 17-May-16 21:26:19

It could be asthma symptoms caused by pollen. Your immune system is lower so even if you haven't suffered from hay fever before you could be now. Get yourself along to your GP just to be on the safe side.

KoolDog Wed 18-May-16 08:37:55

Not sure - it only happens when I eat, so probably not related to pollen or usual asthma triggers?

KayTee87 Wed 18-May-16 09:00:43

Is it when you're eating something cold? When I have something cold it makes me cough but then I do have asthma.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now