Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Doctor wants to see me after urine sample test - please reassure me!

(8 Posts)
fruityb Mon 16-May-16 16:51:38

My midwife tested my sample last week and said she wanted to send it off to the lab as there was discharge in there. She asked me if I'd had a uti or symptoms, which I haven't. Anyway I got a call from the doctors today saying the doctor would like to see me tomorrow. I have an appointment.

I am guessing water infection even though I don't have any symptoms of one. I'm really nervous but also think if they were that worried I'd have been called in today.

I've got fears of pre eclampsia or diabetes or anything! Anyone else had this? Pregnancy has been plain sailing till now and I've had nothing else flag up on any other tests. Do I just need to go and give my head a shake and calm down??

Thanks all smile

seven201 Mon 16-May-16 17:18:44

If it was an urgent thing then they'd get you in sooner. Stop worrying.

fruityb Mon 16-May-16 17:24:58

I'm sure. smile

twoshoes86 Mon 16-May-16 17:56:32

Same thing happened to me last week and was just UTI. Apparently really common!

ElspethFlashman Mon 16-May-16 17:59:37

They'll probably want to give you antibiotics for a UTI. Safe to take.

fruityb Mon 16-May-16 18:22:31

Thanks all. I haven't got any symptoms so I suppose that's a good thing! It shook me up quite badly when I had the missed calls but I suppose they just want to make sure I'm sorted.

seven201 Mon 16-May-16 19:10:59

I'm on my 4th UTI this pregnancy so fourth lot of antibiotics. Some UTIs give no symptoms at all (although not what happens for me).

fruityb Tue 17-May-16 18:53:03

Water infection, yey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now