Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ectopic pregnancy - first period

(4 Posts)
bunnyrabbit93 Sun 15-May-16 20:47:07

Hi all

I sadly had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy my right side tube was removed during the surgery. I have recovered pretty well physically but still recovering emotionally.

I had the surgery 5 weeks ago and bleed for 7 days 1st day after surgery was really heavy but then got lighter hardly any cramping. Very much like a normal period but more clots ( sorry tmi !). I am going to do a test tomorrow just to make sure but I haven't bleed since so was wondering when everyone else got their first period after a ectopic ? But I have been feeling pressure / cramping pains on both sides on and off for a few days. I expected the surgery side but i am a bit worried about the left side.

Thank you for your help smile

Blueskygirl30 Mon 16-May-16 10:07:13

Hi Bunny,

I'm really sorry about your ectopic. I had an ectopic about 18 months ago but mine was found early and treated medically so avoided surgery so I'm not sure how much use my experience will be to you. My first period was about 5 weeks after the one brought on by the medication and was a bit heavier and listed a couple of days longer than normal. After that my periods were back to normal.

It will take a bit of time to recover emotionally but I just kept telling myself it meant I could get pregnant, I was just unlucky that time. For what it's worth, I'm now 20 weeks pregnant, it took just over a year for me to get pregnant again but that was more down to lifestyle/work related factors I think.

bunnyrabbit93 Mon 16-May-16 11:44:05

Thanks for the reply blue

I did a test this morning which was a faint positive but then noticed I've started bleeding. I will do another test after the bleeding and go to the doctors

ellamay11 Mon 16-May-16 19:12:56

Hello! I had surgery and they removed my right tube in November. My period was about 5 weeks after that. I just found out yesterday that I am now 4 weeks pregnant. I am booked in for an internal scan next thursday, hopefully all will be ok this time. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now