Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

arrrrrghh- BFP, whilst planning wedding!!

(8 Posts)
brandnewmummy2B Sat 14-May-16 19:39:30

So my OH and I have pretty much decided on our venue for next year, and my period is late. We kinda joked about the pregnancy thing but I didn't believe it. Went to see a venue this morning which we loved. This afternoon could bear it no longer, peed on the stick expecting a negative and thinking that my period would show in a day or two... But a very immediate very definite positive!! We are both in shock and I still don't believe it as it was only a £1 test from Poundland! So we've bought a Boots twin pack to make sure!!
Head all over the place....! Anyone else in this situation??!

saffronkit Sat 14-May-16 20:18:04

Yes!!! We had talked about getting married and he was going to propose in the summer (I now find out - he had been emailing my best friend re engagement rings for two months) - then we found out speck was on the way about 4 weeks ago and everything turned upside down. He proposed last week - which was amazing - and we are getting married in 8 weeks time - my brother said I should get some toy pistols in my bouquet hahaha. Anyway I for one find it a bit overwhelming but most of me just thinks - let's just go for it. In a way I'm glad I didn't really have to make a decision about when to have a baby - and fingers crossed speck sticks and stays well - I do know I am bloody lucky to have got pregnant in the first place. But that's not to say you have to be crazy excited the whole time - I think we are allowed to freak out a bit - I suppose that's why we have 9 months to get used to the idea (??!!!) Good luck with it all - and enjoy! Also at least you won't have baby bump going down the aisle - I am going to have to avoid my elderly relatives' eyes in the church...

brandnewmummy2B Sat 14-May-16 22:03:22

Hi saffronkit, congrats :-) we got engaged in Feb but have had a busy start to the year all round! Had talked about TTC last year then decided to "do it in the right order". Had our heart set on a date for the big W-day next May so we today have decided we will keep to that. The little cub will be due in Jan so that's long enough to shed the worst of baby weight and shimmy into a pretty white dress... Right??! I've told him I better get a damn good baby-moon now the honeymoon won't be quite what I'd dreamed of, haha! X

kiki22 Sat 14-May-16 22:32:22

I didn't plan to get married however we moved in together and i found out I was pg 5 weeks later. Deff a shock and not what we planned but I wouldn't change it number 2 is on the way now and I couldn't be happier (still not married though grin)

bessie84 Sun 15-May-16 09:49:26

OMG brandnewmummy this happened to me.

my DD is now 6, but at the time, we went to look at venue,booked it there and then............ totally loved it, was feeling bit crap but put it down to the couple of bottles!!! of wine id had night before,. got home and took a poundland test, dont even know why i tested, we'd been trying for 4 years and didnt have periods so had put ttc on hold for wedding, test was blood positive! i couldnt believe it.

got married when i was 15 weeks pregnant, was no fun i can tell you!!! in fact, i hated the day. my dress didnt fit properly,(after spending forever losing weight for it to be perfect) i took it off after the church and put on a comfy BLACK dress, it was middle of july, red hot, i felt sick and tired. was home and fast on at 10pm.

anyway............ divorced few years later. now after 5 years of ttc and having ivf with my lovely bloke, we're currently 32 weeks, im making sure this time, our wedding i will not be pregnant........ x

LadyFarnborough Sun 15-May-16 18:18:07

Yep! Venue booked and deposits paid for early next year, baby now due about 3 months before. Wasn't quite banking on having my baby at my wedding but I've got used to that now! Just ordered my wedding dress but gone a size bigger than I need to allow for post pregnancy weight. Oh, and exotic long haul holiday probably won't be happening. Other than that, business as usual!

m33r Sun 15-May-16 20:56:01

Yay! I love being married and having a baby! You are so lucky! Don't worry about practicalities - enjoy every second! What a great story for your little baby! X

brandnewmummy2B Mon 16-May-16 13:43:54

Ahhhhh thanks girls, having other people to talk to is great! So hard in the initial stages before breaking the news to friends and family, just need some people to offload to apart from my OH! He's been great though- already very protective and attentive, bless him!
I think I am glad I won't be walking down the aisle pregnant - but still trying to imagine having a little bambino there on the day! hmmX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now