Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

14+6 start of a bump?

(4 Posts)
BelliniButterfly Sat 14-May-16 11:11:48

I lost around 7.5stone before I got pregnant through healthy eating and exercise. I've been able to continue with this healthy lifestyle as I've been lucky and had no morning sickness etc. I've actually lost around another stone since I've been pregnant but I can feel my shape starting to change and I just wondered what does it actually feel like when you start to get a bump?!

I do have some loose skin on my stomach area from weight loss which. Is like a small pouch just above my belly button. However when lying down I've noticed my tummy area is starting to feel a bit firmer. Is this the start of a bump about to form? Also what position does a bump start? Is it below or above your belly button? I'm guessing my bump might look a bit more pronounced early on because of the loose skin I have.

Sorry if these seem like silly questions but this is my first pregnancy!

Thelittleredhead Sat 14-May-16 13:16:42

I don't really have a proper bump yet either (15+5) so can't advise you, but just wanted to say WOW on the amazing weight loss. Congratulations smile

(Tucking into a slice of pizza and suddenly feeling really shifty about it...)

DaintyHippo Sat 14-May-16 13:39:41

Congrats on the weight loss!
It sounds like the beginning of a bump grin I'm also 14 weeks and naturally near to underweight and there's a definite bump there though this is DC 2. DC 1 didn't show this much IIRC but the harder feeling bit on lower stomach sounds the same! smile

wigelspigels Sat 14-May-16 14:09:40

I was in maternity clothes with my first at 14weeks, had a proper wee bump. Was very slim then. When I got pregnant with my (now 36.5 weeks) 2nd I was 2 sizes bigger and still started getting a wee bump at the same time. The pregnancies are 8 years apart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now