Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Positive test then bleeding on day of period, now negative pregnancy test.

(13 Posts)
summerskittles91 Fri 13-May-16 10:23:44

Hi guys, I needed a bit of an opinion.. I had a positive pregnancy test on the 1st may, very faint but positive again on 2nd may. On the 4th which was the day my period was due, i started getting bleeding, red and watery. It only came out when i passed urine (TMI i know, sorry!) I went to urgent care where they took a sample and pregnancy test was positive - this was about 4pm. They also said I had urine infection so gave me pregnancy safe tablets. I was 4 weeks 3 days then. Dr said to have an early scan at 6 weeks which i am waiting for. And a blood test scheduled for next Thursday.

Today I am 5 weeks 5 days but yesterday I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I still have pregnancy symptoms, tiredness, going toilet often, and backache.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I know there isn't much i can do but wait..

Princesspinkgirl Sat 14-May-16 19:15:46

I would be worried about the negative test but it doesn't mean it's to say something has happened honestly wish you the best of luck op flowers

Jolana123 Tue 22-Nov-16 21:46:57

Hey guys I needs some advice please,,right I found out last week that I'm pregnant after I done two pregnancy test Tesco brand which both were positive. Few days later I done other one clear blue and was positive again showing 1-2 weeks which makes me 3-4 weeks pregnant. This week Friday I had bit of spotting after sex which lasted only hour. Monday when I woke up went to toilet and there was more spotting which started brown later on pink and than bright red with few clots and some kind of rubber like tissues,this wasn't heavy bleeding only seen it after I wiped. So I rang my midwife and she arranged early scan following morning. Had my scan and they couldn't see anything so they did internal and again nothing,no pregnancy apparently. Had blood taking that day and needs to have other one in 48 hours to see how high are my hormone levels. Few hours after this scan I decided to do another pregnancy test again which this time came back negative,,,I'm so confused,flustered and heart broken,,can anyone help or reply if they experienced the same,,thank u 😢😢😢

MotherOfBeagles Tue 22-Nov-16 21:50:00

Jolana sounds like you've had an early mc or a chemical pregnancy whatever you want to call it. I had one in August and it was awful and I felt all you are doing now. Try and let it sink in and take your time!

Jolana123 Tue 22-Nov-16 21:52:20

Me and my partner are absolutely devastated,,so not fair,it's happened so quick and this joy has been taking away from as so soon 😞 Thanks for your reply ,much appreciated xx

SuperManStoleMyPants Tue 22-Nov-16 21:57:30

You poor thing Jolana, unfortunately it does sound like a chemical pregnancy/ early miscarriage. flowers

I had one in September, it's such an awful thing. Take some time to be kind to yourself and grieve.

MotherOfBeagles Tue 22-Nov-16 22:00:41

It is awful and a shock but you will get through. I just kept saying to myself well at least I know we can get pregnant and we can try again. Not very helpful when in the thick of it but I'm a couple of months on and through it and stronger for knowing I coped. Stay strong flowers

Jolana123 Tue 22-Nov-16 22:01:33

I'm so sorry to hear that,,it's awful your right,,it will take some time to get my head around it as I was so happy cos I've got pcos and it's hard to conceive naturally anyway,,thanks for your kind reply xx

Jolana123 Tue 22-Nov-16 22:16:50

There's no way I could had false positive with 3 pregnancy test hmm

Jolana123 Tue 22-Nov-16 22:23:32

This bleeding only lasted one day thou today I only had a bit when I wiped in a morning and now I just have bit of brown discharge,, sorry for keeping on ladies flowers

Jolana123 Wed 23-Nov-16 08:00:15

Wow this morning is the first morning waking up not pregnant,,and tbh it hit me like a ton of bricks sadsad

MotherOfBeagles Wed 23-Nov-16 08:15:24

It will get easier brew

Jolana123 Wed 23-Nov-16 09:22:09

I hope so,,thank u anyway flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now