Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early Labour?

(4 Posts)
CamembertQueen Thu 12-May-16 14:39:53

I am 36 + 2 pregnant with my first. I have been having period like cramps, increased braxton hicks and lots of pressure down there. I saw Midwife yesterday who got me to go get checked at labour ward. They said everything was fine and my body was just gearing up. They didn't check for dilation or anything. Now I have sharp pains in my crotch, baby is engaged but it is so uncomfortable! I can't walk much as feels as though baby will fall out. The cramps and back pain are quite painful but maybe happens every few hours, not regular at all. Just wondering what others experiences are? Does this mean I am likely to go early or will I have to endure a few more weeks of these niggles? None of my friends have had such symptoms at this stage so I am a bit confused!

sammyjayneex Thu 12-May-16 22:10:13

Im 37+5 and I've had the same things as you for the past week and a half. I've had increased Braxton hicks, mild period pains. Constant toilet trips to empty bowls ( sorry TMI!) and baby still in my tummy lol. I think maybe it's just our bodies getting us ready. I've not slept well because I'm constantly thinking 'is this it?' Lol

CamembertQueen Fri 13-May-16 11:12:09

Same here! I suppose this is just all part of the waiting! Just impatient and I am not even full term.

Annabrooke90 Fri 13-May-16 11:56:03

Your not far from the 37 weeks term now, so it is probably things gearing up. That in people can go on for a few days or weeks. Weeks in my case lol, there is nothing worse because it gets so fustrating. Not long now though the end is in sight smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now