Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks and exhausted! Anyone else?

(5 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Wed 11-May-16 13:33:33

I'm struggling a bit today. Getting emotional and generally feeling shitty about not being able to function properly. Dp is helping so much but he is starting to crack as well. We moved house last month and still have so much baby stuff to get... Stuff that needs doing just isn't getting done and it's stressing me loads.
That coupled with a demanding 4 year-old dd and we're both utterly knackered! Has anyone got any coping strategies? Getting a bit desperate now...!

OhWhatAPalaver Wed 11-May-16 13:35:45

Oh forgot to mention the spd and painful stomach muscles stopping me from doing pretty much anything that requires a tiny bit of effort! Also looking like the baby will be here a week early due to breech presentation, so even less time to get things done.. sigh.

OrchidLilly14 Wed 11-May-16 14:29:54

Oh Hun .... I really hope you're okay?!

Found myself in a similar situation recently ... Was admitted to hospital with anemia and a slightly twisted pelvis and combined with co-codamol I was pretty out of it and nothing got done!!

I too was worrying about things so I made a huge list on a sheet of wallpaper. I sectioned the list into five categories DP, BABY, HOUSE, LABOUR, ME. I then wrote down everything that I needed to do and buy for each category and left it on my kitchen table!

I'm still working through bits of the list now and have 2+ weeks to go till DD however, making the list took all the stress out of my head and encouraged DP and I to see what we needed to prioritise.

Plus....sneaky I know...but when we had visitors over they saw the list on our table and ended up purchasing us a lot of items that we needed to get! I didn't plan that to happen but it just did .... And I'm pretty grateful smile

I hope you're feeling better super soon smile

Eastend2015 Wed 11-May-16 15:47:37

Yup!! And I don't have SPD or anything, just a pretty straightforward pregnancy. I was fine until about a week ago, but now I'm so tired and emotional I just don't feel like myself. All I want to do is sleep!!

OhWhatAPalaver Wed 11-May-16 17:55:56

Yes! Sleep! If only....
I did make a little list but I do need to do a more detailed one, perhaps I'll do that tonight after I've done the online shop as I can't actually deal with the supermarket any more blush
Having Braxton Hicks as I type this, oh the joys...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now