Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

10+5 Bleeding

(10 Posts)
EmeraldEars Tue 10-May-16 14:34:37

Hi Ladies

I had light pinky discharge this morning, lasted until about midday and then disappeared. Was told by the hospital to wait and if it got worse phone them back.

Had a scan at 8 weeks and everything was progressing normally. Have 1 daughter and a previous MMC.

Is this normal or should I be preparing myself for the worst? Had nothing like this with DD and obviously with the previous miscarriage being missed I'm not sure if this is the beginning.

EmeraldEars Tue 10-May-16 18:44:12

Bumping

RaisinGirls Tue 10-May-16 18:45:52

Didn't want to read and run. Has the bleeding stopped now?

If there has been further bleeding you could go to your local early pregnancy unit or get a private scan if you can afford it.

I hope all is ok

EmeraldEars Tue 10-May-16 19:48:32

It's stopped but that's done little to reassure me if I'm honest. It was the EPU who said to only phone back if it got worse. DP wants a private scan.

RaisinGirls Wed 11-May-16 07:25:00

If you are able to afford it then I would go for a private scan, just to help reassure you.

For what it's worth with my miscarriages once I started bleeding I didn't stop and there was pain.

crocodarl Wed 11-May-16 17:33:17

Hey, I hope you're OK. Just wanted to tell you, with my 1st pregnancy I had light bleeding on and off a lot from approximately week 10 - 15. Around week 11/12 it got really heavy (like a very heavy period) and I spent a night in hospital convinced it was all over. But it turned out fine, settled down, I didn't lose the baby, all bleeding stopped by about week 15 and rest of the pregnancy was completely normal & uneventful. 2nd and 3rd pregnancy, no bleeding at all. Never got an explanation of what happened, doctor said it might have been a low placenta moving higher and shedding unnecessary material. No-one really knew. But what I did learn is apparently early bleeding is really really common and very often everything still works out fine. The weird thing is, unless you actually experience this, no-one talks about it much, which makes it particularly worrying when it happens to you. X

EmeraldEars Wed 11-May-16 18:52:10

Thank you. I'm ok today, bleeding has still stopped. I just hope it's all alright. Thank you for sharing your story. It is reassuring.

esha8911 Wed 11-May-16 21:49:08

I'm 9 weeks pregnant. Went to doctor yesterday and found blood behind baby. Was gushing light pink blood turned to light red now today its dark red and cramping like period cramps. I was put on bed rest until my next appointment next week. I've had a miscarriage before. I also have 3 other children. I'm afraid I'm miscarrying again.... I'm so scared.....

Battleshiphips2 Wed 11-May-16 21:57:11

I had bleeding at 15, 19 and 23 weeks. I was terrified at the time but my baby was fine. He's almost 12 weeks old now. My 23 week bleed was terrible and I was in hospital for around a week and given steroids to prepare for him being born early. I had a 9lb 9oz baby boy at 37 weeks. I was told as long as your not filling a pad with bright red blood every 20-30 mins you are usually fine. Hope all settles down for you.

esha8911 Wed 11-May-16 22:19:14

Thank you...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now