Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Normal weight gain

(5 Posts)
secretgirl Mon 09-May-16 21:07:08

Hey, I know everyone is different but I have gained 8 lbs and I am only 4 months pregnant. I am in shock. I weighted myself 3 weeks ago and had only gained 3 so 5 lbs in 3 weeks is huge. Is this normal?

Kariana Tue 10-May-16 07:49:50

How have you been eating? Could you be bloated? I stepped on the scales one day at about three months and had gained 5lbs in a couple of days, a couple of days later I'd lost it again - it was all just bloat!

Slumberparty Tue 10-May-16 08:17:08

My weight has been fluctuating loads during the last couple of months. I think it's down to bloating as PP said.

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 10-May-16 08:26:11

I weighed 53kg at my booking appointment (8 weeks pregnant), and then was weighed again before my blood was taken for the combined test after my 12 week scan - I weighed 56kg. So I gained almost 7lbs in 4 weeks.
I'm putting it down to bloating and water retention because I've been eating less than usual! I'm no longer feeling sick, but my appetite is almost non-existant.

AKP79 Tue 10-May-16 12:26:43

I've put on 5lbs in the first trimester (mostly in the last 4 weeks) which I'm disgusted about. I haven't changed my eating at all because I've been lucky enough not to have any food aversions or nausea. I am hoping it's bloating, but the weight seems to be sticking!! I have completely swelled up already though and had to remove my wedding ring last night because it was painfully tight and I was worried it was going to get stuck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now