Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What is the best push chair for twins?

(8 Posts)
genevieve87 Sat 07-May-16 10:16:39

Any advice for an expectant mother of twins? Side by side or one below the other. My preference is side by side but wanted to hear thoughts of what has worked well in the past.

plumpynoo Sat 07-May-16 10:43:50

Out N About Nipper Double. Actually narrow enough to fit through a normal door! The twin mums i know swear by them, and i have got one for my newborn and 20 month old. Have a look on thier website!

AutumnRose1988 Sun 08-May-16 09:53:13

I was determined to get a side by side one (like the bugaboo one or similar) as I didn't want one to be behind and have less of a view and wanted them both to be able to see me. However, got to the shop and the bugaboo and other side by sides were just too wide for me to manovere and was worried about getting through doors etc...ended up going for the Oyster Max xx

sidonie1 Sun 08-May-16 21:01:58

I had an icandy apple 2 pear to begin with and loved it when twins were small but we changed to an out n about double nipper 360 when they were 8 months for that side by side viewing reason and it's fab! They're 22 months now, and would struggle with a front and back one I think as they love seeing out.

sidonie1 Mon 09-May-16 06:55:23

Ps difference in price was about £700, so if I was starting again, I would have gone straight for the out n about - £340 about.

catkirk Mon 09-May-16 07:47:12

Definitely side by side. Out n about is good, mountain buggy duet is very slightly narrower but more expensive, so if you're in a city it's worth it otherwise not. You can get parent facing seats for it as an extra but they only go up to a certain weight. Donkey is parent facing for longer but wide.

notagiraffe Mon 09-May-16 07:58:49

Side by side, the narrowest one you can find that is comfortable for them. I used Maclarens all the time but the styles have probably changed since then. They didn't do parent-facing twin buggies when my DTs were small and in a way, I think that was a good thing. They were looking out at the world all the time, not staring up at my exhausted mug all day long. They loved their buggy. We walked miles and miles every day with it, so the slim fit was helpful getting round cars that park on pavements or if you ever need to put it on a bus. They're also great for storage. You can get the double nappy change bag, snacks and spare clothes underneath as well as a lot of shopping!

smellsofelderberries Mon 09-May-16 13:22:03

The donkey. It looks massive but is actually one of the most narrow side-by-side buggies out there. It looks so wide because the side bars come out over the wheels, whereas most other buggies have wheels that stick out the side. A donkey is as wide as a wheelchair, so can go anywhere a wheelchair can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now