Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SO BLOODY UNCOMFORTABLE

(7 Posts)
lemonslemonslemons Fri 06-May-16 11:51:09

Seriously.

35 weeks and I am ready to burst. Baby is all out front, the perfect bump as people keep telling me, but it hurts. Everything bloody hurts. My ribs feel like they are being crushed and the pressure in my fanjo is enough to almost convince me he is going to fall out any minute.

I had to go for a growth scan yesterday because I was only measuring 31.5cm at my 34 week appointment. Turns out I am carrying a giant baby. He already weighs 6lbs 8oz and the sonographer said "I don't know what is supposed to be small about this baby, he is on the 90th centile for size". Holy cow.

TeamSteady Fri 06-May-16 13:44:27

Snap.

You have my greatest sympathies.

The only thing I've found vaguely less comfotable is lying on my left hand side. I also have spd... so it hurts to move... it hurts to sit as my ribs feel like they're going to explode..

Bump bang on for size, but my other two were 8lb+ so i think this one will be similar too...

Arfarfanarf Fri 06-May-16 13:47:44

thanks sympathies.
The last few weeks were horrendous.
I think the only words that came out of my mouth for about three weeks were I AM SO FED UP!

Mine were each ten and a half pounds and i was so happy to get them out i didnt even care grin

sami2885 Fri 06-May-16 13:50:43

Snap, 39 +2 for me and I've totally had enough! grin
Everything feels like such bloody hard work!
And I bet i go over!!! Lol x x

Chlobee87 Fri 06-May-16 13:50:57

Same here! I have no words of wisdom, I'm just as uncomfortable and have SPD as well like TeamSteady so can only commiserate with you I'm afraid. I'm struggling with the lack of sleep the most as I can't get comfortable at night, but I know this will be easier to handle once I go on maternity leave next week because I'll be able to nap in the day and won't need to rely on sleeping at night so much. Not long to go!

TiffanyAtBreakfast Fri 06-May-16 15:10:31

37+5 here and also fed up! Baby was already measuring at 6lbs ish back when I was 34 weeks, so goodness knows what size he'll be on his birthday... confused

I'm on Mat leave so trying to do some nice baby laundry and nesting stuff in the house and getting lots of naps while I can!

strictlylurking Fri 06-May-16 15:22:02

38+5 here. I totally hear you. Today I feel like there is literally nothing I can do to get comfortable. I overdid it yesterday and now I can hardly stand or walk. I just keep trying to remind myself how lovely it will be when this baby is on the outside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now