Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Raw Milk Disaster

(10 Posts)
Amazonmulu Thu 05-May-16 20:40:00

Hello

I'm 35+2, and I've accidentally drunk a pint or so of raw milk before realising that it wasn't pasteurised sad That was on Friday last week... Now almost a week later I've had a funny tummy. No flu symptoms yet... Baby moving loads / as normal.

Has anyone else had this?

I'm really worried I may have exposed myself/baby to Listeria sad

Any advice welcome!

X

skankingpiglet Thu 05-May-16 21:15:37

Do you normally drink raw milk (when not pregnant)? If not that may be why your tummy is a bit dicky. As for if you caught listeria, I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you would really know you had it especially by now. Try not to worry. Listeria risk is generally fairly low and the more recent large outbreaks worldwide have been from vegetables rather than dairy.

SoftSheen Thu 05-May-16 21:20:26

Call your midwife or GP. If you have been infected with Listeria, you can be treated with antibiotics.

ANewIdentitytoJazzItUpABit Thu 05-May-16 21:22:11

Oh don't beat yourself up about it. flowers Define funny tummy first though please.
Do you usually drink the stuff anyway or not?

workplacewoe Thu 05-May-16 21:54:37

I wouldn't have thought it likely that your funny tummy would be due to the milk a week after you drank it.

novemberchild Fri 06-May-16 00:54:15

Listeria is very rare. I wouldn't worry.

Amazonmulu Fri 06-May-16 06:36:48

I don't normally drink raw milk. I've just signed up to an organic veg box delivery. Milk was one of the extras the do. I just had no clue it was unpasteurised sad

My funny tummy was diarrhoea sad Sorry for tmi!!

austenozzy Fri 06-May-16 06:45:59

Some types of food poisoning can take a week or more to incubate. Def worth a quick call to the gp/midwife. Lots of fluids in the meantime.

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Food-poisoning/Pages/Causes.aspx

P1nkP0ppy Fri 06-May-16 06:51:43

It's highly unlikely to have caused your tummy upset, and even less likely to be Listeria.

cheekstime Fri 06-May-16 09:12:33

Hi there prob not adding to this post but no harm in calling midwives...or annoyingly for you, you could do GP appt if you can get one (or do phone consultation). Worth it for the reassurance. I feel for you there's nothing worse then trying your hardest to get right then ending up doing a wrong thing. Hope you're ok and just a horrible coincidence flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now