Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So HOT at work

(5 Posts)
AKP79 Thu 05-May-16 16:13:08

I know it's not exactly scorching outside, but the shift in temperature is causing our office to be ridiculously hot already and it's making me worry about the summer.

I work in glass building (think car showroom type set up) so it's like a huge greenhouse, but to make matters worse I work in a completely glass office which is upstairs within the big glass building, but there are no windows up here, so no fresh air coming in at all. I've already got fans on around my desk and I'm only 10 weeks pregnant, but this is just going to get worse and worse.

The air con is rubbish and to make matters worse, I share my office with the owner of the company who absolutely hates the air con being on.

HELP!!! I'm going to be coming in naked soon!!

IamChipmunk Thu 05-May-16 21:18:05

No advice but im the same! 28 weeks, internal office with no external windows, sealed glass sky lights and no air con.
We had fans on today which helped a bit but also concerned about what we're going to do when it gets properly hot outside.

Also don't really like to moan because the nice weather is lovely!

Kbear Thu 05-May-16 21:24:09

Well unless the boss wants you feeling ill and unable to work all day he needs to be reasonable about the air con.... for starters

AKP79 Thu 05-May-16 21:53:14

Sorry to hear you're in a similar situation chipmunk. I feel the same, I dong want to moan about the glorious weather because I love it and hate being cold, but airless heat is a whole other matter!!

AKP79 Thu 05-May-16 21:56:06

kbear boss is a she. She's the owner, but not really my boss if that makes sense. Im sure she'll be great when she knows but reluctant to tell anyone because we had a MMC at Christmas. But to be honest the air con system is appalling and not very effective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now