Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bump pains when driving...

(7 Posts)
becksmumtobe Wed 04-May-16 14:15:09

Hi Ladies,

I can't seem to find anything on the net about this so thought I'd see if anyone else gets this or if it's just another pregnancy quirk blush

I am 25 weeks pregnant and my car is not the smoothest of rides. Every time I go over speed bumps or even the smallest of bumps in the road I get pains across my bump, enough to notice and say "ooh" every time lol.

Little one is still kicking away happily but it is concerning me a little as it is making getting around very uncomfortable!

Thanks ladies grin

sepa Wed 04-May-16 15:01:14

I didn't have this with my bump. Could be your LO is in an akward place?
I would ring the MW to just check if you have any concerns about it?

becksmumtobe Wed 04-May-16 15:42:27

To be honest she tends to move about a bit,sometimes movements are really low and the next they're really high!

Can't remember having this last time I was pregnant but then again that was 6 years ago!

Maybe I should give her a quick call to be on safe side,just wondered if anyone else had experienced this hmm

redtammy Wed 04-May-16 16:58:42

Is it a proper pain or more like a tightening? I always get braxton hicks, sometimes quite strongly, whilst in car.

cheekstime Fri 06-May-16 09:28:05

Around 25 wks I used to get a pain ...like a stretchign feelign sure it was when the baby was head down or tryign to go head down, I was told nothign to worry about. Maybe adopts that position when you're in driving position. Hope you have got reassurance from the prof's. Mine goes quiet when I drive. Perhaps it wants me to concentrate and drive properly HA

becksmumtobe Fri 06-May-16 11:27:42

Hi all,

It is a bit of tightening with a bit of pain, it seems to have eased off these last 2 days so I'm wondering if it was because I had done a lot of walking over the weekend maybe hmm

It's strange as I do notice it further down so maybe you're right about babys position cheeks! I'll see how I get on but she's kicking and active grin

Kariana Sat 07-May-16 10:05:56

I'm only 16+5 but I get pains whilst driving too, I'd describe it as cramps it tightening in my lower abdomen. The roads round here aren't the smoothest and sometimes every bump or pot hole hurts. I just have to keep telling myself the baby is well cushioned to try and reassure myself. Also I've found that sometimes tightening my pelvic floor over the bumpy bits helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now