Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constantly thirsty! Anyone else?

(12 Posts)
bippitybopityboo Tue 03-May-16 09:45:37

Hi all 29+6 and I feel thirsty all the time. I don't drink hot drinks ever just cold. I have been drinking sugar free squash the ones jist add water to.
I just need a drink all the time the colder the better my mouth gets so dry.
My GTT results were well within range this was what I was worried was causing it.
Is this just a normal pregnancy symptom? Anyone got any tips?

AKP79 Tue 03-May-16 15:42:13

With my previous pregnancy, I was addicted to really cheap ice lollies all the way through my pregnancy and if I didn't have any I would crunch ice. So if GTT has come back fine, it might be just one of those random pregnancy things?

JennyOnAPlate Tue 03-May-16 15:45:32

I had this in my first trimester with both pregnancies, so I'm sure it's probably normal. How long ago was your gtt? I would have a chat with your midwife or gp just to set your mind at rest...if you're anything like me you will just continue to worry otherwise!

IamChipmunk Tue 03-May-16 16:21:07

Being stupidly thirsty has been one of my first symptoms with both my pregnancies. With #1 it went after first trimester, this time I am Definitely more thirsty than usual and currently 28 weeks.

Probably just one of those 'pregnancy things'!

LumpishAndIllogical Tue 03-May-16 16:35:28

I am so thirsty all the time too! I am 34 weeks pregnant.

I think it can be a symptom of Gestational Diabetes but you've probably had your 28weeks bloods done, all OK I assume?

My bloods where great, def no GD but still thirsty. I think it's just something some of us get. No tips sorry. I also eat lots of juicy fruit which also helps.

sophied1983 Tue 03-May-16 19:12:37

Oh yes... cold drinks have never tasted so good!

bippitybopityboo Tue 03-May-16 19:56:09

Had my GTT 3 weeks ago and thus thirst has been here linger than that. Thanks ladies I got myself some fruity ice lollies today they're beautiful and frozen raspberry is lovely too!

RugbyWidow7 Tue 03-May-16 20:45:37

This is my third pregnancy and thirst has been a major factor with each-I wake regularly during the night to drink and always wake desperately thirsty in the morning.

MrsGlam Tue 03-May-16 23:06:58

I had a clear GTT at 16 weeks and 28 but developed it at 34 weeks so please mention it to your midwife smile

FirstTimeMummy25 Tue 03-May-16 23:11:16

When I was pregnant I was so thirsty never had anything like it, nothing would quench my thirst sometimes... I found peach squash with ice was the best , had to be ice cold though lol...

Shanghaichica Wed 04-May-16 08:46:28

I had this during my second trimester. I was always thirsty and drinking loads. I and my GTT done and my results were normal and did not have diabetes. It tailed off at the start of the third trimester and now I'm slipping back into my pre- pregnancy habit of not drinking a lot. I have to force myself to have 2L a day now. Pre- pregnancy I'd be lucky to have 1L in a day 😁

BuzzLightyearsHoneyBun Wed 04-May-16 08:47:42

I was addicted to fab lollies for this reason, ate 6 a day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now