Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bloating and indigestion at 7 weeks

(4 Posts)
Louisa111 Tue 03-May-16 07:59:35

I'm nearly 8 weeks pregnant and suffering the worst bloating, indigestion which is made worse by being constipated at times too. I'm really showing already ad well, I'm hoping this is just because of the bloating.
I don't remember feeling this bad with my first, please tell me these symptoms will ease up...at this rate people will guess before I have a scan and I feel terrible....any tips would be appreciated smile

Heirhelp Tue 03-May-16 08:57:54

At this stage baby is only 1.5 cm so all you can see is bloating. Try increase your fibre, eat fruit and fibre cereal or other high fiber foods and drink lots of water. If you are obvious about eat more healthy and mention to people at work etc that you are trying to get ready for summer they will think it is just fat. wink

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

AKP79 Tue 03-May-16 09:56:43

This happened to me too and I think it's starting to go down now (10 weeks with 2nd). I was so paranoid about the bump and clearly looking pregnant!

I managed to resolve the constipation after a few days of porridge with linseeds and strawberries on top, and I started to allow myself one morning cup of coffee.

Hope it eases soon for you.

Louisa111 Tue 03-May-16 20:46:39

Thank you, I suffered a bit with dd but I was nearly 5 months when the bloating and indigestion kicked in. I normally drink lots of water but sadly I've gone off it and don't normally drink coffee but now fancy it.... Oh the joys of pregnancy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now