Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

last day at work today!

(11 Posts)
mackinnonka Fri 29-Apr-16 08:23:47

Hoorah! It's my last day working before baby comes along grin

Although technically not maternity leave as I'm a contractor so I'm essentially just embracing unemployment, but I now have 10 weeks to do all the baby prep toot toot

Fees a bit odd after 10 years of commuting to London for work, I'm also running spectacularly late...

Anyone else finishing work this week?

Shortninbread Fri 29-Apr-16 08:29:32

Congratulations Mackinnonka! I'm not finishing until November but have had two mat leaves in the past and I know how good it feels to leave work behind to focus on yourself and your baby. I hope you enjoy it!

Marmalade85 Fri 29-Apr-16 08:41:54

I cried on the train home after my last day. Just didn't know what I was going to do with all the time.

Dakin1 Fri 29-Apr-16 09:35:24

Hooray! Congratulations! I thoroughly enjoyed my last day, went for a nice lunch, left at 2pm with a lovely card and gift. Enjoy it and look forward to the next few weeks of nesting and hopefully enjoying some sunshine.

mrsmugoo Fri 29-Apr-16 10:07:24

Congrats! I've got two weeks left smile

msatlantis Fri 29-Apr-16 10:14:38

I'm finishing work today too! So happy! Feeling physically well but will be glad of some down time before baby arrives (due 25 May). x

KayTee87 Fri 29-Apr-16 10:16:05

Woohoo! My last day is in exactly 8 weeks and I can't wait. Enjoy grin

28 weeks tomorrow.

GinaBambino Fri 29-Apr-16 10:18:11

Wooh, congrats! I have 13 days left and I cannot wait smile
due 7th June so cutting it a little fine

Snoopysimaginaryfriend Fri 29-Apr-16 10:56:36

I'm finishing today too!

Baby due May 15th, really hope she isn't late

Sanch1 Fri 29-Apr-16 11:42:16

Mine too! 6 1/2 weeks to go!

mackinnonka Fri 29-Apr-16 12:08:52

Eeeek! So exciting isn't it!

My lovely colleagues gave me some gifts yesterday, which I wasn't expecting at all because I'm a contractor and only been here 10 months so was really special.

The nesting begins this weekend with some DIY to get the nursery ready for painting smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now