Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Blood hcg levels 104

(6 Posts)
Chaseisace Thu 28-Apr-16 15:39:56

Hi, does anyone have any experience of blood hcg levels? I had mine checked the other day and will have a recheck tomorrow. The last levels were 104 at 5 weeks and 1 day. Is this normal? GP says it's indicative of pregnancy but I don't feel pregnant at all and urine tests are very faint

cheapredwine Thu 28-Apr-16 17:47:58

I can't remember the exact day but it would have been around 4 weeks, and the clinic (IVF baby) regarded a bHCG of over 25 as a positive. The key thing is really how it increases. At this stage the ROUGH aim is for it to double every 48 hours but it varies a lot. It's terrifying. Have everything crossed for you OP flowers

Chaseisace Thu 28-Apr-16 18:02:19

Thanks for your reply. It's so nerve wracking, I just have a feeling that things aren't right this time around. Al least once these next levels are done I may have an idea which way it looks like going. Do you think they will keep on checking it?

Princesspinkgirl Thu 28-Apr-16 18:34:14

It's difficult but try and relax I'll look for your update

Chaseisace Thu 28-Apr-16 18:56:04

Been googling and it's not looking positive. I got an extremely faint positive a week ago. Levels should be a lot higher than they are

cheapredwine Thu 28-Apr-16 19:02:09

The key thing is the levels should be going up. It could be a very late implanter. The numbers vary hugely. A friend had bHCG of 60 at about 4 weeks and has a bouncing 3 year old now. It's a case of sitting it out unfortunately, so hard I know. I would hope they'd keep checking the level if it's going up tomorrow, but I genuinely don't know NHS protocol. Really hope it's positive news tomorrow for you OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now