Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If you've had miscarriages previously, how do you stop yourself panicking at every twinge?

(7 Posts)
Helgathehairy Wed 27-Apr-16 19:00:56

My first pregnancy was plain sailing.

Last year I miscarried twice. I'm 5 weeks pregnant and every twinge makes me worry (even though cramps weren't a symptom of either miscarriage)

How do you control the worry?

CremeBrulee Wed 27-Apr-16 19:08:23

It's really hard, there is no magic solution. Try and stay positive (easier said than done) and try distracting yourself. Good books or box sets are your friend!

I can totally relate to your post. I had five MCs up to 13 weeks before inexplicably then carrying DD and four years later DS to term successfully.

Take care and good luck thanks

Sgoinneal Wed 27-Apr-16 19:11:53

It's really hard. I didn't really until i was at the stage where the baby would survive (sorry).

Like you my first pregnancy was easy enough though we had been ttc for a while. Two mcs in between and now I'm 35 weeks pregnant - it only stopped being terrifying a few weeks ago for me.

I feel guilty that I haven't enjoyed being pregnant like I did the first time - and as it's likely my last time that does make me sad. It's just one of those things I think. flowers for you and all the luck in the world.

dustytv84 Wed 27-Apr-16 19:47:54

It's very hard, I had an early scan at 6 1/2 weeks and saw her little heart beating, that helped a lot! Fingers crossed for you 😊

Minispringroll Wed 27-Apr-16 19:50:57

I'm not. I'm worried all the time. I try to keep myself distracted with work, but I'm not always successful. I wasn't feeling nauseous today and was feeling totally fine. Made me worried that something's wrong. I still am.
Thing is, there is absolutely nothing I would be able to do to prevent anything from happening.
I haven't got a lot of pain or cramps, though. It has subsided completely since about week 5. I'm 7+2 at the moment.

dustytv84 Wed 27-Apr-16 19:56:51

Can you get an early scan where you are? I rang up the hospital and said I had a bit of pain and was anxious because of previous miscarriage and they said to come in and they did the scan... Worth a try, really put my mind at ease...

Helgathehairy Wed 27-Apr-16 20:02:07

Thank you all. It's reassuring to know I'm not alone.

The funny thing is I'm having more symptoms this pregnancy than before. I haven't even booked my first GP appointment (I'm in Ireland, all care is GP led)

Last time I did get an early scan, it was at 11 weeks. Generally first (and only) scans are at 15-20 weeks. Unfortunately it just showed baby stopped growing a few weeks earlier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now