Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy of unknown location

(2 Posts)
carmsevs Tue 26-Apr-16 11:30:40

Just got back from the EPU as yesterday I have cramping and bleeding. I thought I was about 8 weeks.
I had a scan and there was a sac but they could not see a baby there. So either I am not as far gone as I thought or the baby has not developed and I will miscarry. She took my bloods and I am going back in two days time ( my birthday of all days) where they will take more and see if the hormone level has increased 😔

I am not sure what to think really. I am still bleeding and cramping and my symptoms have felt like they are going away for the last few days. I know I am at least 6/7 because I know the time me and my partner conceived.

Has anyone else been through this?

Minispringroll Tue 26-Apr-16 20:19:45

So sorry that you are going through this. sad My first pregnancy was considered to be a pregnancy of unknown location. (They later changed it to it being ectopic.)
The good thing was, it sorted itself out and no intervention was needed. I was, however, a lot earlier than you...barely 5 weeks along.
They couldn't see anything during the scan (I think my body absorbed most of it), but my hormone levels refused to drop. After a few weeks (and lots of booze...it was shortly before our wedding), pregnancy test came up negative again.
Good luck. Hope it all sorts itself out. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now