Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Losing bits of cm/plug, 35 wks

(10 Posts)
Sgoinneal Mon 25-Apr-16 14:50:24

Just looking for a bit of advice - over the past couple of days I've been losing bits of my mucus plug, big chunks of cm, and I get very irregular braxton hicks. I'm the person on these threads always screaming to ring the midwife but I don't feel like I'm in labour or anything like that, just concerned it might be just around the corner.

Does anyone have any experience of this? It's my second child but I was induced last time, so only lost my plug once that had happened.

Sgoinneal Mon 25-Apr-16 19:06:44

One wee bump just in case

pulpi Mon 25-Apr-16 19:16:25

If this were me, I'd call the midwife triage line (at least, that's what it's called up in Scotland). Even if they tell you not to worry, that it could just be the early stages, it's nice to have the reassurance that you're not crazy. They may have you come in, just to check everything out. Again, I'd find that reassurance very comforting.

But I'd pack that hospital bag, if I were you. Just in case.

Theodolia Mon 25-Apr-16 19:16:30

Yes, contact the midwife! Might be nothing but if you are going into early labour they might want to give you a steroid shot/monitor you etc.

Sgoinneal Mon 25-Apr-16 19:37:10

Thanks both - just thought I might be jumping the gun. Bag packed and I will give them a ring. Thanks smile

LumpishAndIllogical Mon 25-Apr-16 19:51:46

Hi at my antenatal class they said in second etc pregnancies you can lose plug weeks before labour, as it's all a bit 'lose' down there and your body just grows another!

Anyway it's always a good idea to call midwife but thought I would let you know

Sgoinneal Mon 25-Apr-16 19:56:53

Ah that's good to hear. Would happily hang on for a few more weeks! Thanks thanks

Annabrooke90 Mon 25-Apr-16 20:15:32

In my second pregnancy I started losing it at 35 weeks, I had ds at 40+5. Third I started losing it at 33 weeks and I had ds3 at 38, and ds4 I started to lose it at 29 and had him at 34 weeks. So I've had it for weeks in my case. However everyone is different, maybe worth a call just to be safe.

Sgoinneal Mon 25-Apr-16 20:26:16

Thanks annabrooke, good to know it's not a done deal. I think I will likely be induced at 38/39 weeks anyway, but had almost expected nothing would happen until then...

Sgoinneal Tue 26-Apr-16 20:35:24

Just to update for anyone else who might wonder, they said I definitely did the right thing calling but weren't concerned - advised me to keep an eye and call back if I had a bloody show, or if the pain/contractions got more regular or severe. They haven't, so I'm just taking it easy, thanks to everyone who left advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now