Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness tips

(18 Posts)
Smile150 Fri 22-Apr-16 11:03:17

Hi I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and for the last week have been feeling really nauseous but haven't been sick. But feel like I want to be sick it's making me feel so tired and have no energy at all. Just feel blah I'm eating ok as I'm always hungry but feel worse after eating some times. Any one else feeling like this and no anything that can help thanks

WickerHearts Fri 22-Apr-16 12:19:03

I'm 9+4 and still getting the nauseous feeling. I find snacking on Jacobs crackers/biscuits helpful. Also, and I don't think it's good to drink too much, but found lucozade to help, the pink lemonade one. Also found that getting too hungry doesn't help either? Eat little and often smile
And congrats of your pregnancy xx

Smile150 Fri 22-Apr-16 12:23:35

Thanks for your message.. I love lucozade I just worry drinking to much of it and biscuits aswell because of how much sugar they contain especially the lucozade.thing is I'm thirsty or feel I am but nothing quenches my thirst water tastes yuck to me now so does tea and coffee.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Fri 22-Apr-16 12:26:47

Ice cold drinks help - less taste. Ice lollies can also help with the nausea.

Eat before you get out of bed and keep eating through the day - little and often, yy to not getting hungry. If you can, eat pears and plums - avoid constipation - it commonly kicks in at this time.

Generally it's about finding what works for you - for me it's always been carbs and horrible snack foods - crisps were a staple for weeks. Listen to your body and eat whatever you need to get through this bit - it shouldn't last longer than a few weeks and you can go back to healthy eating then!

Smile150 Fri 22-Apr-16 12:26:50

And congratulations on your pregnancy too

Smile150 Fri 22-Apr-16 12:28:41

Yeah Im just not sure what drinks I want if you no what I mean water was working then I went off it.. all I wanna eat is cakes and crisps but they are no good for me and I feel worse after

fortifiedwithtea Fri 22-Apr-16 12:33:17

Congrats on your pg and sympathy for morning sickness. My youngest will be 14 this year and I still remember it well. As others have said, don't get hungry. Eat little and often. Toast is very settling. Hope your DP/DH is as supportive as mine. He did all the cooking, the smell of chicken or broccoli made me vomit. And he was prepared to get out of bed at any time of night to make me toast and suffered sleeping with the crumbs smile

LaurieLemons Fri 22-Apr-16 12:38:14

Ginger biscuits first thing before you get up, apparently they don't have near enough ginger to actually make a difference but seemed to help me, ginger tea as well if you can stomach it and go to the GP and get medication if it lasts past 12 weeks, I wish I went sooner! Hope you feel better soon!

Smile150 Fri 22-Apr-16 12:39:36

This is my second pregnancy but I feel worse this time. No mine isn't supportive he doesn't do anything like that for me I do everything.

TwllBach Fri 22-Apr-16 12:40:23

I'm due on Wednesday and I remember how awful I felt for 26 weeks and how upset I got myself because I couldn't feed myself well. All I wanted was carbs on carbs. I had sausage rolls and crisps for weeks as it was the only thing that helped, and ice cold 7up, cans only because it just wasn't the same from a bottle blush

Don't beat yourself up, do what you can to get through!

Smile150 Fri 22-Apr-16 12:40:38

I've tried ginger biscuits they do nothing for me but I have t yet tried ginger tea. Thank you

dakin1 Fri 22-Apr-16 12:44:16

Watermelon was the best thirst quencher for me and the only thing I could keep down. Congratulations OP smile

Smile150 Fri 22-Apr-16 12:46:11

I love watermelon may try it. I'm trying to be as healthy as possible but failing as I'm obsessed with putting weight on and looking fat. Yet all I want is cakes and crisps and fatty food

Outmyself Fri 22-Apr-16 14:50:19

Capri suns for me. Sucking boiled sweets and eating carbs. Still had to go on tablets couldn't keep anything down for 26 weeks. The tablets helped. Sorry can't remember the name of them.

AnUtterIdiot Fri 22-Apr-16 14:57:20

I'm nauseous but not sick too. Also shouldn't eat gluten due to IBS, but have not had much choice as gluten free biscuits are making me feel worse at the moment.

I find that salt and vinegar crisps, any biscuit with ginger in it and sorbet really help. Lean protein like chicken is ok. Curry, weirdly, is excellent. Chips are all right as long as they're not too greasy. Tomato soup is ok.

Drinks wise, I'm mainly on water, orange juice and a very small glass of tonic water every day (not loads because of the quinine but it's nice and bitter and vaguely reminiscent of a gin and tonic).

I can't handle coffee and tea at all, not even decaff. I miss you, tea sad

AnUtterIdiot Fri 22-Apr-16 14:58:26

Oh, watermelon is also good. And apples.

Smile150 Fri 22-Apr-16 15:58:20

Yes I'm a bugger for carbs and all the things I don't usually eat. ☺ I loved coffee don't even want it now had two cups last night was nearly sick.. I think it's the milk repeating on me making me feel sick. I have chicken for tea tonight I've been resisting tempration to start picking at it lol

gandalf456 Fri 22-Apr-16 16:22:11

Savoury snacks helped as did staying off tea and coffee.

Mostly, I puked my way through it, though but I did feel better for a few hours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now