Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are these flutters?

(7 Posts)
DiddlyDoddlyDoo Fri 22-Apr-16 00:46:15

Found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago and I'm roughly 5-6 weeks.

The last week or so I keep feeling flutters, not a lot during the day but a lot more at night.

What are they? Their Definetly not the baby and I can't see ligament stretching feeling like flutters? Plus from what I remember they hurt!

Started to wonder if I'm further gone than I thought but I have a feral Doppler and can't hear a heartbeat so I don't think I am

I just can't figure out what these flutters are, anyone else experienced this?

novemberchild Fri 22-Apr-16 01:41:00

Yep...could be gas smile

BabyBuzz Fri 22-Apr-16 01:43:48

Too early for kicking so I think it is gas too. Bloating? Congrats flowers

dizzytomato Fri 22-Apr-16 01:53:04

Could you be further along? I felt the first flutters at 10 weeks with the first. The doctor said it was too early. I felt it at 10 weeks with the other three, I know it wasn't gas.because they got stronger and I only ever felt it in pregnancy.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Fri 22-Apr-16 08:24:59

At 5-6 weeks it's the size of sesame seed so it's definitely just has!

With my first I didn't feel anything till 17 weeks. With my second I could feel it at 11 weeks as I knew what I was looking for.

thecatsarecrazy Fri 22-Apr-16 09:28:00

Probably gas. I get it (not pregnant) and reminds me of when I was.

underrugsswept Fri 22-Apr-16 09:42:17

Definitely gas. After my first pregnancy I used to get phantom kicks that I could actually see if I was in the bath... Usually followed by a gassy release blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now