Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just pregnant and rather terrified!

(2 Posts)
Enigma1975 Thu 21-Apr-16 20:43:21

Hello :-)

I only found out i'm pregnant at the weekend - currently 5 weeks and a few days. Eeek!

I'm 40 and came off the pill at Christmas - I was convinced that I wasn't ovulating as my cycle was all over the place, so really wasn't actually expecting anything to happen. In fact I was getting ready to talk to my GP about nothing happening!

I got a positive result the day my partner and I came back from holiday - during which I was doing some pretty serious sport (cycling), having the odd glass of wine, and taking lots of tablets for a horrid cold / cough / sinus thing. Eeek. I now obviously feel TERRIFIED that i've done, eaten and taken all the wrong things... I have my first doctors appointment next Friday so hopefully he can advise me!

Starting to feel decidedly poo as well - like I have constant indigestion and very sore boobs :-/

Ironically my easily stressed boyfriend is really chilled about everything - whereas I am usually unflappable and can;t quite believe what's happened.....!!!

Anyway, hello all :-)

FuzzyOwl Thu 21-Apr-16 20:46:01

Congratulations and try not to worry about what you have already done, although I know how anxious pregnacy is and that it is much easier said than done. I hope everything goes well for the next eight months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now