Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stitch pain and shooting pain in vagina

(5 Posts)
AKP79 Thu 21-Apr-16 12:16:56

Hi ladies

Wanted to get some reassurance (or not) that what I'm feeling at the moment is normal. This is my second child, but first was 4 years ago so limited memory of pregnancy. I suffered a missed miscarriage over Christmas with zero signs or symptoms - it was discovered on a scan.

I'm now 8 weeks pregnant and this morning I have had a very mild stitch sensation on my right side (this has only happened a couple of times for a few seconds), then just now I was sitting at my desk and dropped my pen. I stretched to the left to pick it up and had a shooting pain through my vagina which made me gasp out loud. It was literally for a couple of seconds. Do you think it's cause for concern or all part of the normal early pregnancy aches and pains?

I've had no bleeding etc, but I didn't with my MMC hence why I'm super paranoid!

Thanks xx

AKP79 Thu 21-Apr-16 14:44:10

I haven't had any more sensations since posting, so assuming it's nothing to worry about. But if anyone can offer any extra reassurance/experience that would be great!

KayTee87 Thu 21-Apr-16 15:25:15

I had these pains earlier in preg too and I'm now 27 weeks with no issues so far (God willing). Sorry for your earlier loss and hoping you have a happy preg this time !

Helbelle75 Thu 21-Apr-16 15:33:47

I'm only 7 weeks, and this is my first pregnancy, so I've no real experience. I did have dull stabbing pains yesterday in my right hand side, but they've disappeared today, so I'm assuming it was just wind!
I think we are so finely attuned to our bodies at the moment, that we are identifying anything and everything as a possible problem (I know I am!).

AKP79 Thu 21-Apr-16 18:46:23

Thank you for the reassurance ladies. I'm a bit period painy now, but it's around my tummy button, so actually think that's more to do with the lovely symptom of constipation I'm suffering from!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now