Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

30 wks should I be worried baby trans lie

(15 Posts)
cheekstime Wed 20-Apr-16 13:09:56

Hi guys, at 29 weeks it was ceph position and at 30 back at the trans lie. Getting concerned. I am goign to do spinning babies to try and resolve. Many things I have read say baby shoudl be in head down position. Weird thing is when it does goign down to ceph position its uncomfortable for me??? can anyone offer insight pls? are my ligaments tight, hence why I feel pain when baby tries tht position adn why its not currently in the right position?
thanks

kiki22 Wed 20-Apr-16 14:49:59

Ds changed from head down to breech back yo head down then back to back in the last trimester I think its pretty common.

SoniaShoe Wed 20-Apr-16 15:01:17

i'm 30 weeks and haven't started worrying which way my baby is as they still move about so much over the next few weeks. they still have a lot of room to move about. in my yoga class women generally start to do exercises to encourage positioning the baby after about 36 weeks.

closer to the time, spinning babies can help as can certain yoga positions and swimming can all help.

how do you know in each week how its lying? are you having scans? i'm having a scan next monday so i suppose i might find out then how mine is lying as i haven't got a clue

Eastend2015 Wed 20-Apr-16 15:29:45

I think I'm in a similar situation but I don't think the baby is fully in a trans lie- maybe head down with legs/ feet to the right. I'm 31+4 weeks so will check with the midwife when I see him on Friday and update!

cheekstime Wed 20-Apr-16 16:07:25

thanks kiki232 flowers

Hi SoniaShoe, thanku thats reassuring, so not too worry quite yet. Just talks alot about this on net. Great to know you know about spinning babies.
I know because of my 28 wk appt and a new booking appt. The MW coudl tell with her hand. flowers

Thanks Eastend2015 - be great to hear your update and hope all goes well. I didn't think anything of trans but read today you can't have a normal birth with it. Mine sounds similiar to you though most of the time, sort of diaganal. feet to left head downish. All v best flowers

tappitytaptap Wed 20-Apr-16 16:25:00

Mine was transverse or sometimes breech up to 38 weeks when he turned. Had already booked an ELCS at this point which got cancelled (tho ended up with EMCS for unrelated reasons). Consultant told me he would never turn that late the week before...!

cheekstime Wed 20-Apr-16 16:30:31

Hi tappitytaptap - Im really pleased for you, what a relief albeit a blimin roller coaster! x

tappitytaptap Wed 20-Apr-16 18:09:48

Cheeks - even if you do have to have a section for transverse, it is honestly absolutely fine. I was really relaxed during mine, and have recovered well 3.5 weeks later.

Elvish Wed 20-Apr-16 18:13:33

I was told I'd have to have a section as DC2 was transverse at 37 weeks. I got my head round it and was quite disappointed when he turned.

Don't worry about it until at least 38 weeks I would say.

cheekstime Wed 20-Apr-16 21:00:42

thanks tappy, I see now re reading that u had section in end. thank u for mailing back thats reassuring as I am beginning to build up a real thing about it.

thanks Elvish...yeah for some wierd reason I can see this happening to me also. Have to get in it my head not to worry until the time just like you said. I mean its two months away.

thanks again xx flowers

Eastend2015 Fri 22-Apr-16 11:10:01

Yup midwife confirmed that there is still plenty of time to turn and they'll check at 36 weeks. Mine was particularly unconcerned as mine is at least head down and having legs/ bum to one side is pretty standard. Don't stress!

cheekstime Fri 22-Apr-16 11:29:50

Hey Eastend2015 - thank u ...thats great yours is getting used to the idea. Really reassuring what the MW said. all the v best, Im bout a week behind you I think x

Eastend2015 Fri 22-Apr-16 12:06:51

Soon we'll have those bums stuck in our ribs, then we'll be sorry! Also I don't know if this is the case with you too but I've been mainly sleeping on my back til now (which midwife had previously said was fine as long as I was comfy) but he suggested now trying the side more as it might encourage the baby into other spaces.

Quodlibet Fri 22-Apr-16 13:41:38

As others have said, plenty of time to move, but I think you could be right about tight ligaments affecting the positioning.

A friend of mine had really good success with a chiropractor in final weeks of pregnancy who helped her baby get into a good position despite tight ligaments, and she had a good birth.

greenlizard Fri 22-Apr-16 16:11:56

My baby was breech right up to 36 weeks and showed no signs of movement at all. I worked up to 37 weeks so couldn't do the spinning babies bit in full as wasn't sure that they would appreciate me on all fours in meetings wink.

I did do yoga and swimming and then one morning I woke up and he had turned round in the night. Didn't even feel it and people tell you it is uncomfortable when they turn and he was a big boy - born at 39 weeks at 9lb 4.

I was glad as wanted a natural delivery and that was what I got. You've got ages for them to move all over the place yet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now