Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What does this bump shape suggest?

(5 Posts)
monniemae Tue 19-Apr-16 20:00:12

For boring reasons, I haven't seen a midwife for six weeks, and will next see one on Thursday at 37+2. Meanwhile I thought baby was in the right position but now worrying... After ages of being head down and to the right, she has moved I think. When I lie down my bump I'd hard around the belly button then soft... Does this suggest back to back? Or possibly transverse? Trying to prepare myself (and also, am bored of waiting for midwife to tell me!)

monniemae Tue 19-Apr-16 20:01:22

Bump dips/is soft higher up, I meant

winewolfhowls Tue 19-Apr-16 20:27:42

No idea but if you are worried there are things you can try to encourage position like bouncing on a ball, being on all fours (Google would have better advice).

I think babies can move right up to the last minute so I wouldn't worry yet.

primarynoodle Wed 20-Apr-16 17:40:08

My bump is hard and then soft above belly button and my baby is somewhere between breech and transverse. I would ring midwives and ask to see one so they can have a feel?

Felyne Wed 20-Apr-16 17:42:36

I had a friend who thought her baby was breech as she could feel hard lumps on both sides. Turns out baby was indeed head down, and shaped like a 7!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now