Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What do first movements feel like?

(14 Posts)
MrBensMrs Tue 19-Apr-16 17:57:07

I'm 15+3 and past few days have have period pains and other feelings that I can't quite explain as I haven't felt before - it's not painful but it's not the most pleasant and it's not a stomach ache etc.

Not worried but wanted to know are first 'feelings/movements' distinct and easy to identify? Are there any metaphors/similar types feelings people remember so that I know what to expect?

I also know it's fairly early with first child to expect to feel anything yet smile

HP07 Tue 19-Apr-16 18:45:06

Hi, I felt movements at 15+4 and this is my first baby. I think the way I would describe it is like a tiny flick or pop sensation.

Mslg Tue 19-Apr-16 18:48:36

They're like bubbles or popcorn popping smile hard to tell at first but the stronger they get, there'll be no mistaking that it's your baby! I started feeling them at 16 weeks

LilyMyOneAndOnly Tue 19-Apr-16 18:49:45

I first felt mine at about 18 weeks, it was sort of like when you get a twitch in your eye but low down in my stomach. My cousin said hers felt the same!

Talcott2007 Tue 19-Apr-16 18:58:46

I think I first felt movement from about 16w. Like tiny stream or line of bubble rolling up and popping under my belly button - wasn't regular or strong at all so for the longest time i was sure i was probably imagining it - didn't become convince it was 'real' movement until about 25w. Now there is now mistaking it - DD2b can kick magazines clear out of my hands when she gets going!

For me it started like I was being flicked from the inside!

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Tue 19-Apr-16 22:04:49

I thought those early movements felt like a muscle twitch.

polkadotdelight Tue 19-Apr-16 22:08:17

I remember feeling tiny tiny flutters at about 17-18 weeks, it was shortly before the 20 week scan and they were very low down.

KateBeckett Tue 19-Apr-16 22:08:24

Like a pop for me! I've heard other people describe it as like butterflies in your stomach as well.

MrBensMrs Tue 19-Apr-16 23:36:56

Aw, thanks everyone! Makes me think what I have felt is more cramps and not baby yet!! Excited to report back what I feel soon I hope smile

sandgrown Tue 19-Apr-16 23:45:00

I would describe it as a tiny butterfly fluttering low down. Very easy to miss with your first child .

polkadotdelight Wed 20-Apr-16 09:06:06

I did crampy feelings in early pregnancy and Im sure someone said it was just all the stretching going on!

YorkieDorkie Wed 20-Apr-16 09:11:41

I missed the "popping" sensation bit! Probably too busy at work... Had a bit of a swishy feeling at about 15 weeks and then proper kicks at 18 weeks smile.

murphyslaws Wed 20-Apr-16 09:12:46

Like a tummy full of butterflies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now