Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant but confused by clearblue

(9 Posts)
Andysgirl15 Tue 19-Apr-16 13:44:52

I am 18dpo today. Anyway last Tuesday 11dpo I did a clearblue and got 1-2 weeks skip forward a few days and it went straight to 3+. Am I right in thinking it's too soon for it to be 3+ or could I be further on. I have a history of still having periods when pregnant. With my daughter I went to my first scan and I should have been 11w from lmp but I was actually 13w1d. Same with my miscarriage I actually got a very very dark bfp on cd11 (yes you read that right CD11). I really don't know what to think

novemberchild Tue 19-Apr-16 17:07:06

Oh, don't worry about the CB weeks indicator. It should be renamed the CB anxiety generator. I've had all sorts of results from it.

lia666 Tue 19-Apr-16 18:42:31

I am 6 weeks pregnant, went for a reassurance scan privatly, had 3 positives on cheap test, then a negative on my first cb, did another the next day and it said 1-2, when I told the sonographer this she said test again with a cb in the morning and if it says 2-3 weeks that actually means u are 4-5 weeks lol talk about confusing, the best way for u to know is gonna be on ur 12 week, or pay for a private scan, I much peepers the cheaper tests

Chattycat78 Tue 19-Apr-16 19:25:08

I got a 3+ weeks result on clearblue digital at about 17 dpo BUT I was carrying twins and my hcg levels were literally sky high. I didn't know that at the time.....

Junosmum Tue 19-Apr-16 19:35:18

Totally agree with Novemberchild.

They are unreliable at best.

Andysgirl15 Tue 19-Apr-16 20:52:26

The thought of having twins scares me. I already have a 19 month old DD and have just started an amazing job so just hoping it's the one. I tested on 10dpo with cheapie and frer and there was barely a squinter by Thursday the test line was darker than the control line. the tests are darker than what I got with my DD and I was 8 weeks when I found out. Either I'm further than I think or I have sky high hcg possibly because of twins

Chattycat78 Tue 19-Apr-16 21:02:02

Or the tests are unreliable- ,more likely I would say as others have posted. The twins thing is probably unlikely so don't panic!

Andysgirl15 Tue 19-Apr-16 22:28:04

Im leaning towards it being unreliable although twins isnt unrealistic for me as I'm a twin and there are 6 other sets in my family so it's certainly a possibility

Chattycat78 Thu 21-Apr-16 07:53:34

Well fair enough but the only type of twins which is hereditary are non identical ones. If you have identical ones in your family it doesn't count. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now