Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding after sex - 24 weeks

(4 Posts)
Highlove Sun 17-Apr-16 08:04:31

I'm just approaching 24 weeks. DH and I had sex first thing and I've got a bit of red spotting now. I'm going to phone the midwife shortly. But meanwhile, any reassurance/this happened to me most welcome.

It's probably nothing, isn't it?

StinkyMcgrinky Sun 17-Apr-16 08:19:10

I have had this a couple of time during this pregnancy (26 weeks now). Your cervix is very sensitive currently and has increased blood flow so a bit of a bump during sex and spotting is common.

I called the midwife and the first thing she asked is if we had had intercourse in the last 48hours. I was advised to put a pad on and monitor but not to worry unless it became really heavy or painful. Lasted on and off for about a day or two and then disappeared smile

Highlove Sun 17-Apr-16 08:38:56

Thanks.

Midwife gave me basically the same advice. So I've got a pad on and checking it every five seconds. So far it's really light and maybe tailing off. Fingers crossed.

StinkyMcgrinky Sun 17-Apr-16 09:08:37

I know it's stupid advice but try not to panic, baby is very well protected in there and I'm sure is absolutely fine grin BUT if it would help to ease your worries don't think twice about ringing mw back, I went in a few times for monitoring with DS1 and they never made me feel silly for going in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now