Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy bleeding

(24 Posts)
SteffiMuse Sat 16-Apr-16 21:20:28

Hey I'm almost six weeks pregant after three miscarriages in a row. I wiped after having a wee and noticed a tiny little spot of red blood. Any advice? I'm on edge as I'm sure you could imagine 😬

AnUtterIdiot Sun 17-Apr-16 09:23:34

Hi OP, was there any more bleeding? How are you this morning?

birchygoo Sun 17-Apr-16 09:28:07

Hi Op sorry you are having such a difficult journey. I'm afraid I don't have any advice, only my story.
I'm now 7 weeks pregnant, when I was 5 weeks I had bleeding on wiping for 3 days. I was seen and scanned by early pregnancy unit. Luckily everything was fine and bleeding was never explained. I also had mild period like cramps.

Have you had any cramps? Maybe call your early pregnancy unit in the morning if this haven't got any worse? Or if it has inwas advised to go to A&E if it was out of hours

Sending you luck and wishes

Snowberry86 Sun 17-Apr-16 09:38:02

I had spotting from weeks 5-7. I had 2 early scans and everything was fine. It settled down at week 7 and not had any since.

SteffiMuse Sun 17-Apr-16 13:22:50

No more bleeding and I've had cramps from the start. Not painful though. They want me to go for a scan tomorrow but having gone before and always being inconclusive, come back. I'm thinking of waiting it out and giving it time to grow.

birchygoo Sun 17-Apr-16 20:54:28

I seen a heart beat at 6 weeks so that could be some reassurance. What ever you decide wishing you the best of luck, it's such a stressful time

SteffiMuse Sun 17-Apr-16 21:15:08

I may go but every time I have it's been bad news. I guess I'm just scared really. Really wanting this to be good news. And I feel really pregnant. Sore boobs, nausea, moody, back pain, cramps, head aches, tired...

SteffiMuse Mon 18-Apr-16 14:59:48

I went for the scan. She couldn't see much but she did say it looks like the pregnancy is collasping. I had my hcg levels done and repeat Wednesday so I'll know more then. I should be six weeks today. She said there was a cystic stuture and classified the scan as a pregnancy of unknown location... No sac however and no pole. Sad face

Junosmum Mon 18-Apr-16 15:04:01

So sorry to hear that OP.

Sounds horrible but can you keep anything that comes out and ask them to test it? It may help give you some answers and help you have a successful pregnancy in the future.

SteffiMuse Mon 18-Apr-16 15:06:20

That's a good idea. I never thought of that but I'll ask them. Thanks for the advice

SteffiMuse Mon 18-Apr-16 16:04:52

First hcg is just over four thousand. I do have a titled uterus which makes scanning very hard

SteffiMuse Wed 20-Apr-16 14:58:44

Well my levels have increased to 6539. The nurse said it isn't as much as they would like. I did read though that after hcg reaches over thousand levels double every three to four days which surely means I'm on track???

birchygoo Wed 20-Apr-16 15:04:08

To be honest I have no idea what is normal or not. Nurses just said to me it has increased and didnt say by how much. However, I would be keeping positive and keeping faith as they are increasing and it does seem a substantial amount to my untrained eye. Doubling from 400-800 is obviously not as much as having to double 4000-8000, so it does seem sensible that it would take longer to double. I have everything crossed for you. Are they going to repeat them again?

SteffiMuse Wed 20-Apr-16 15:36:52

Their not going to redo them at this point but they want another scan Monday. I'm not going to go though. I'm going to give it time to grow and maybe go at ten weeks. At least I will know either way. It's to much heartache otherwise when they keep saying to come back

SteffiMuse Fri 22-Apr-16 19:58:03

Update. Feeling so ill last two days. I've been throwing up then hungry then just feeling mostly awful. I don't understand why sad(( Have no energy. I feel like I have the flu or a bad hangover

birchygoo Fri 22-Apr-16 22:10:17

I think you have what's called morning sickness - well that's what mine is like

SteffiMuse Fri 22-Apr-16 23:28:18

Yeah I'm hoping it's good news why I'm feeling so poorly. Hoping the sac is perfect and everything will be ok smile))
All the sickness and feeling rotten hopefully won't be for nothing

Weddingbelle13 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:29:17

Everything crossed for you op

SteffiMuse Mon 25-Apr-16 10:40:17

Well I went for my scan because I've been feeling so unwell and sac was perfect. Not only that but there are two. Could see a heartbeat and she thinks she can see the other heartbeat. Really happy and shocked there's two smile))))))))
Yay

leoniethelioness Mon 25-Apr-16 11:51:49

Wishing you the best xxx

JulieBolton79 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:17:01

Aw what lovely news smile congrats X

SteffiMuse Mon 25-Apr-16 17:28:12

Thank you. My partner is very shocked lol smile))

birchygoo Mon 25-Apr-16 20:33:01

Wow congrats Steffi

SteffiMuse Tue 26-Apr-16 09:17:53

Thanks all. Another scan in two weeks now to check the other heartbeat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now