Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Old wives tales

(6 Posts)
MG35 Sat 16-Apr-16 00:43:03

I've been told that raspberry leaf tea and eating dates can speed up delivery by hours. I'm hoping for a lovely short birth smile so willing to try anything that is safe. I'm 35 + 3 and hear it's good to start at 36 weeks. Anyone tired and this worked or not?

Heirhelp Sat 16-Apr-16 06:59:23

There is a small study to say raspberry leaf works. You need to drink lots of it or you can buy it in tablet form.

Keep active to keep baby back to front.

Sparklycat Sat 16-Apr-16 07:11:29

Yes my midwife told me that the dates are supposed to help soften/dilate the cervix but you have to eat 6 a day for the last 4 weeks. Not as easy at it sounds!

MG35 Sat 16-Apr-16 07:30:52

Ok thanks I'm willing to give it a try!!! Thanks again. We shall see in a few weeks xx

Jenjen85 Sat 16-Apr-16 07:46:30

I took raspberry leaf tea from 36weeks I took the maximum dose which I think is 6 tablets a day. I has my DD on her due date in 5.5hrs the midwife checked my uterus the next day and commented on how quickly it was going back down, didn't get any after pains either. I put it down to the tablets but who knows. Currently pregnant with DC2 and will be taking them again

Annabrooke90 Sat 16-Apr-16 09:14:32

I've drank rasberry leaf tea in my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, very long labours. Uterus went down very fast but it also did with my 1St and 4th. Worth a try though. Never tried dates however.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now