Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnancy after 2 back to back mc

(7 Posts)
lilcupcake Fri 15-Apr-16 22:34:14

Has anyone ever fell pregnant after two back to back miscarriages, I'm starting to panic thinking I may be pregnant again, so just wondering if there's been positive stories with anyone else?

FourForYouGlenCoco Sat 16-Apr-16 08:45:44

Me! Missed miscarriage at nearly 11 weeks, ERPC. Fell pg again a few months later, early miscarriage at about 5 weeks. Fell pg yet again that same cycle and am now 25 weeks with a very wriggly one. And afaik your chance of a healthy pregnancy is the same after 2 MC as it is after none - it's only after 3 that your risks start to rise.
I was convinced this pregnancy would end in MC again. I spent the whole of the first 4 months just waiting to miscarry. I didn't even start to relax til after the 20w scan. But all looks ok so far!

lilcupcake Sat 16-Apr-16 09:26:41

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you are having a healthy pregnancy, I fell pregnant in January lost the baby on the 10th of February fell pregnant again straight away then lost that baby on 30th of March and now scared that I'm going to be pregnant again but knowing that you have had a healthy pregnancy is helping me

Baz13 Sat 16-Apr-16 10:28:10

Sorry to hear about your losses. I had 2 miscarriages last year, one resulted in ERPC at 6-7 weeks and the second miscarriage was at 8 weeks. I am now pregnant again and I have my 12 week scan next week. I am very nervous, although I had an early scan at 5 and a half weeks and they found a heartbeat, so fingers crossed all will be ok.

I have two children and I have had 4 miscarriages, but only two consecutive ones straight after each other. If this pregnancy ends in a miscarriage they have told me they will investigate, as you have to have 3 miscarriages in a row.

Fingers crossed that you are pregnant and that all will be fine smile

LBOCS2 Sat 16-Apr-16 10:37:24

I had three consecutive miscarriages, 6 weeks, 9wks, 12wks (MMC, I had an ERPC). Fell pregnant again after the ERPC before even having a period. Now have a healthy 3yo.

DH and I decided to TTC last year, aware that it could take a while, given our history. Got pregnant within 3 months, am now 40+6.

It definitely can happen. Good luck!

Artioo2 Sat 16-Apr-16 20:18:25

Yes, two consecutive miscarriages, followed by a full term pregnancy and I'm currently 30 weeks with another pregnancy.

It's horrible to go through, but as has been said, two miscarriages in a row is actually not that rare, and doesn't statistically affect your chances of a healthy pregnancy afterwards.

lilcupcake Sun 17-Apr-16 08:52:50

I'm glad you's all had healthy pregnancy and thank you's for giving me hope , my body seems to find it very easy to fall pregnant just fingers crossed that everything goes better this theme

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now