Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Horrendous groin pain! 30 weeks...

(8 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Fri 15-Apr-16 20:05:53

I can barely walk today. The pain is agony on my left side, sort of where all the glands are in the crease of the inner thigh. It's so bad, like a constant dull ache when sitting that gets so much worse when I stand up, particularly when putting pressure on left side. Is this normal?!

OhWhatAPalaver Fri 15-Apr-16 20:40:47

I do have SPD but that has always been in my lower back more than anywhere else. The fact that this is in the creases of my thighs/groin is making me wonder if it's something else. It's also an ache rather than sharp shooting pains. Has anyone had anything similar?

Broughtitatthe5anddime Fri 15-Apr-16 20:51:51

My pgp started in my groin and then spread over my pelvic region, it could be a different ligament straining?? Sitting on a birthing ball and keeping my knees together when getting out of the bed or car helped. Also climbing a step one leg at a time iyswim

OhWhatAPalaver Fri 15-Apr-16 21:10:42

Ah yes, I had one session with a physio a while back, she recommended a birthing ball. I'll have to invest in one!
I'm hoping it is just the spd/pgp and not something else...

Missingcaffeine Fri 15-Apr-16 21:21:15

It is most likely Pelvic Girdle Pain - that's how mine feels - though it is both sides in my case - but maybe one side is looser/stained more than the other in your case. It would be good to get assessed by a physio asap. If it's PGP the main thing is to keep your legs together hip distance apart and avoid lifting anything - so don't squat down with your legs open (as I was doing to pick up my toddler constantly), be careful getting in and out of bed/car etc to keep your legs together, don't stand on one leg, sit down to get dressed, avoid stairs. Pelvic floor exercises and pilates type lower abdo exercises help to stabilise and support the pelvis and stop it getting worse.

monniemae Fri 15-Apr-16 21:27:14

I'm in second pregnancy with pgp but also what you describe, which I'm sad to report has developed into a vulval varicosity... Basically a varicose vein in the area you describe. It's worse when I pee or stand up.

OhWhatAPalaver Fri 15-Apr-16 21:41:58

Ouch monnie that sounds nasty... I best get the support tights on more often as well.
I expect I'll go back to the physio and get more advice soon, I didn't really feel like one session was enough and if this continues for ten more weeks I'll go spare!

MG35 Sat 16-Apr-16 00:49:50

I've had spd from 20 weeks I've had physio, hydrotherapy, tubi grip for my waist and a pregnancy belt oh and I'm on crutches which I had to ask for!!!

My advice would be to request a physio assessment to determine if it is spd so you can get all the support you can. It hasn't got any better it's just learning ways to manage it. Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now