Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are you on Omeprazole?

(5 Posts)
Colabottle10 Fri 15-Apr-16 14:21:45

After trying ranitidine I headed back to GPs this morning desparate for something to work alongside the cyclizine I'm on.

I'm 22+3 and can't cope with the sickness nausea, reflux issues anymore. Constantly gagging. Can't even bend over to put shoes on without heaving or being sick.

Dr has put me on omeprazole, which I asked for but it seems a meagre dose, 20mg tab once a day.

What dosage are you on and have you found it helps at all?

mopants Fri 15-Apr-16 14:32:01

I've had omeprazole in every pregnancy. 20mg a day for 10 days and then I'd be fine for about a month. Then when it was getting bad again, I'd take it for another week to ten days and be ok for a bit. Take it first thing in the morning before anything else

JellyBaby26 Fri 15-Apr-16 14:38:59

I am on it and have been since 28 weeks ish and will continue until the baby is born.

It has been an about life saver for me. I couldn't eat anything without being in pain and I was just drinking gaviscon out the bottle with no effect.

I take it with me evening meal and have no trouble, it's been a miracle worker here!

lilygirl81 Fri 15-Apr-16 14:45:12

I'm been on it for a long time, so I take 20mg twice a day, but think that's just because the pregnancy has made my normal reflux so much worse.

TheCrumpettyTree Fri 15-Apr-16 15:42:12

Had it in both pregnancies, worked a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now