Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HCG level advice. - not gone up enough?

(1 Post)
babyangelbean20315 Thu 14-Apr-16 15:53:11

Hi everyone, I have not been on here for about a year, been TTC since my mmc in Sept 14, I found out on the 10th that I am pregnant again, however Tuesday I was having pains so I went to the GP who refered me to the EPC to get scanned. Unsure of how far gone I am due to a very short period in March with very light bleeding.

So basically, i went to the hospital on tuesday, Scan showed Gestational Sac but no fetal pole, which didnt help obviously, so they advised me - 1, could be too early in the pregnancy. 2, could be 'unknown location' or 3, I could be miscarrying AGAIN!!!

I am only 23 !! this is very hard to deal with AGAIN!!
they did my bloods on tuesday, went in again today to repeat my bloods. I received a phone call about 30 mins ago saying my HCG has risen by about 46% but they would like to see it go up by about 64%

they told me at this point they cant tell what is going on and i need to go in again on saturday to do blood tests again!

now obviously i dont mind to keep doing the blood tests to find out what is going on but i am currently now just stuck.....Am i still pregnant? is my baby growing in the right place???/ i have so many questions that they wont answer...... I was just hoping for some one with some experience with this??

after googling this i have found an article that says it does not need to double each 48 hrs but i am unsure what to believe and obviously after last time i am very concerned (especially because it has taken this long to conceive and I am young to have issues with fertility etc...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now