Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks, feel like im being scratched!

(8 Posts)
Everythinggettingbigger Thu 14-Apr-16 11:15:19

well I don't really know how to word this one....34+2 today but for the last few days sometimes when I stand or I am walking it feels like (the only way I can describe it) my bits are being scratched from the inside, the pain is really low and sharp and stops me in my tracks, cant walk with it and then my bump feels really heavy and there's a lot of pressure. I don't remember this with my first so can't compare it to anything. Did this or is this happening to anyone else? Its really uncomfortable.

Had to stop in the middle of a retail park car park a couple of days ago and nearly cried on the spot because I couldn't walk and thought my waters were going to go there and then!

mmmminx Thu 14-Apr-16 16:24:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Eastend2015 Thu 14-Apr-16 18:15:47

I was just thinking a similar thing today, mine feels like a sudden pinch in my bladder but only when I'm walking- I thought maybe it was a punch in the bladder. I wouldn't say it brought tears to my eyes but it certainly isn't comfortable! I'm only 30 weeks though so hoping this isn't a sign of things to come confused

OceanView Thu 14-Apr-16 18:18:43

I had this. Couldn't sit down because it was so sore. Turned out to be a urine infection. Maybe worth a trip to the GP.

HumptyDumptyBumpty Thu 14-Apr-16 18:23:59

I had this occasionally. MW said it was possible DD was scratching my cervix from inside. She certainly had long enough nails when she was born! Sympathy.

Copywr1ter Thu 14-Apr-16 18:30:52

I had this from 38 weeks - DS was born with very sharp long nails!

Stylingwax Thu 14-Apr-16 18:32:57

I had this. Literally felt like a scratch from the inside. DD has long fingers, long nails when she came out....DP winced.

Everythinggettingbigger Thu 14-Apr-16 19:52:50

Oh my God I didn't think of the possibility I could actually be being scratched! That has freaked me out a little grin

Would the midwife have picked up on any infections from my usual urine sample on Monday? I don't know why I didn't mention it to her! Maybe because I had y5 year old with me who decided he was a ninja when we got in the room and wouldn't keep still.....my mind was elsewhere 😂🙈

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now