Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sleeping!!

(4 Posts)
AmyAmy29 Thu 14-Apr-16 09:04:48

Hi everyone.

I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant, from a young age I have always slept on my side, I've never been able to sleep on my back but that's the only option I have the now. No matter how much I try when I lay on my side, changing position raising a leg moving my hips a bit my back and my hips are still in absolute agony! But when I lie on my back I have excruciating pelvic grindle pain. sad is there anything j can buy to help with my sleeping position and prevent back pain

Artioo2 Thu 14-Apr-16 09:06:53

Have you tried putting a pillow between your knees? This used to help for my first pregnancy. One between the knees and one supporting my bump.

mrsmugoo Thu 14-Apr-16 09:28:28

Get a memory foam mattress topper! I'm 33 weeks and sleeping just as comfortable as when not pregnant.

HeadTilt Thu 14-Apr-16 09:51:46

I agree, pillow between knees can help.

One of my friends lent me a sort of long shaped cushion designed to help with sleeping when pregnant. I felt like I was wrestling a snake, but she swore by it. Might be worth googling pregnancy pillow for similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now