Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sickness after being in sun- anyone awake?

(5 Posts)
Snowberry86 Tue 12-Apr-16 04:02:19

I've come on holiday for a few days to visit a friend and being in the sun yesterday has nearly killed me. Wasn't mega hot (20 odd degrees) but I didn't have any suncream so I'm a bit pink.

I'm 11 weeks and so far have felt nauseous often but never actually been sick with anything of substance. Tonight at 4am I am chucking my guts up.

I assume it's the sunshine that's triggered it- any advice to make me feel better? I've got lots of water and a cool flannel for my head. Will keep out of the sun for next few days and try to rest today.

Just wish I was at home now, I hate being ill if I'm somewhere else.

DessertOrDesert Tue 12-Apr-16 04:56:49

I don't know where you are, but make sure you use bottled water, or tap water is safe.
A cool - but not cold - shower may help you feel better.
It might be the food rather than the Sun, but yes to an easy day, out of the sun today.
Hope you feel better soon

Snowberry86 Tue 12-Apr-16 06:00:34

It's home cooked food and no-one else is ill so doubt it is that. Got plenty of bottled water and haven't touched the tap stuff.

Felt a bit better after being sick last night. Now feel my usual empty stomach type sickness rather than a need to throw up anything of substance.

Got stomach ache from the muscles contracting and am exhausted. Tmi- but now got diarrhoea too.

Possibly is different food my body can't handle at the minute. Very unlike me though. I am never sick and never catch bugs.

Bellyrub1980 Tue 12-Apr-16 06:09:40

Sounds like a tummy bug really. But heat stroke can have a similar reaction. I quite prone to heat stroke myself and always get the three following symptoms:

1) headache
2) nausea vomiting
3) diahorrea (spelling?!)
4) Very irritable

The best cure beyond all others for me is to run cold water over my head in the shower. Might sound a bit mental but the aim is to cool your brain down (literally). Then pain killers and rest.

Snowberry86 Tue 12-Apr-16 09:50:11

Attempted 2 mouthfuls of dry cereal for breakfast and that came straight back up too. Daren't move from the bed incase I'm sick so not making for a good holiday as I can't go anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now