Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pelvic girdle pain

(3 Posts)
flowerpower10 Sat 09-Apr-16 09:47:36

Hi I have pelvic girdle pain 24 weeks it's making daily life at home and work very hard I am seeing a physiotherapist and I have 10 weeks left at work and counting down the days
I am having an c-section at 39weeks how does pelvic girdle pain effect your recovery after surgery?
Did you need further physiotherapy ?
Please tell my your advice or experience

Ffion3107 Sun 10-Apr-16 22:26:11

I didn't have a c-section but did struggle with PGP, I stopped working at 30 weeks after struggling for 5 weeks and it had gone when I reached 35 weeks. Please don't push yourself at work, get as much help as you can around the house etc. I stopped driving too which helped.

PamDooveOrangeJoof Sun 10-Apr-16 22:32:55

I just wrote a massive post and it disappeared.

I was signed off from work at 24 weeks and maternity kicked in at 37.
I was really struggling and was on crutches. Didn't move much at all. I saw a physio who made it worse but I did pre natal yoga which really helped/
I also say on my birthing ball when. Watching TV instead of sofa.
Please don't push yourself as recovery can take longer.

I felt much better after birth but my son is 3 and I still get the odd twinge.

I feel for you as it's awful. I used to have to get my husband to roll me over in bed at night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now