Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vaginal Piles and aching below, feel bruised

(10 Posts)
cocothomas1234 Fri 08-Apr-16 11:56:19

I posted a couple of weeks ago after finding a swelling down below when I wiped and GP said it is a swollen vein from pressure etc. Okay so that's fine but another 2 weeks on and the aching down there is just starting to piss me right off angry. The best way to describe it is how you feel after you've done a 40 mile bike ride over mountainous terrain on a superbly shit saddle (or done the grand national bareback and barearse on repeat for a full day). I'm guessing it's something to do with the veins and pressure again. I ache inside the boney bit at the front too, it just all feels bruised and sore and it's getting me down, I feel like the baby is about to just fall out on the street. I'm not worried about any of this but need to vent and need to hear others are feeling the same. I'm only on week 26 and not looking forward to the next 3 months (I'm my sisters maid of honour 2 weeks before due date and will be on my feet most of the day… or my vaginal piles I'm not completely sure which will be lower at the time but apparently you can buy a reduction jock strap to help keep them in place).

sophUK Fri 08-Apr-16 12:01:38

Unfortunately have the same problem! It's horrible. My doctor told me to stay off my feet as much as possible. It's a real pain as I really enjoyed long walks to keep fit during pregnancy but now that is no longer possible.

sophUK Fri 08-Apr-16 12:02:59

there is another post here FYI smile
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2588479-Painful-vulvar-varicose-veins

cocothomas1234 Fri 08-Apr-16 13:01:42

Thank you Soph that post is perfect, I'm so glad she's mentioned the bike thing because that's exactly how it feels, I thought I was going nuts! I feel some relief if I put pressure on them with a tissue while I'm going to the toilet as that's when they really swell out because I'm pushing down... I'm worried that bearing down on them during the birth they'll just explode (although I've been reassured they won't!).

Seems to be hit and miss if they go or not after the birth. Fingers crossed for us! xxx

Ffion3107 Sun 10-Apr-16 22:32:49

The aching sounds like SPD. I had it in first pregnancy and waiting for it to start again (now 17weeks). Mine went at 35 weeks because I stopped working and driving.
Pain right on the pubic bone like you've been kicked?! Tell your midwife, she might refer you to physio (if you're lucky).

cocothomas1234 Mon 11-Apr-16 08:52:29

Yes Fion! I'm aching a lot down there but one of the real niggles is the public bone feels so bruised just like it's been hit at the front, really strange. I have my appointment next week so I'll definitely bring this one up… so busy focusing on the vein swellings I didn't think it could be something else causing that one sad xxx

Ffion3107 Mon 11-Apr-16 18:15:24

The pain is horrible, it's hard to explain the pain to someone who hasn't experienced it. I went swimming as often as I could as it eased off in the water. Sitting on a birthing ball helped a little too. I hope your mifwife refers you and you get the help you need xxx

LimesMum Mon 11-Apr-16 23:40:25

I can't remember which post I posted this on but I have the same problem, it's hideous and totally taking over my life!!

2 things have helped... 1. Support knickers from jojomaman Bebe and then on top of these my "jock strap!!" This is it:

It really does help!! It's not particularly comfortable itself but honestly the discomfort is so worth it to get rid of the other pain!!!

About to read the linked thread but wanted to post to say I feel your pain! I've had these since 26 weeks (31 now) and it's awful. I also have SPD which is what mainly causes the aching in the bone, but the veins cause a burning pain, as well as aching and pulsating/stabbing pain. Sitting with feet up really helps, a warm bath is good, and sleeping with a firm pillow between my knees helps keep the pressure off at night. Mine have got worse and I'm in 2 minds about whether to ask my mw to check them for me (dignity out the window again!)

BubbleandSqueeeek Tue 12-Apr-16 10:22:59

I've literally just developed this! I'm 34+3 and have mild SPD throughout pregnancy that only causes me pain sporadically. But since the weekend I feel like someone has kicked me bloody hard in the crotch! Its an ache through all the bones in my undercarriage. Exercise last night aggravated it too. It is actually painful to roll over in bed. Never thought it could be related to SPD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now