Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Light spotting at 18 weeks

(7 Posts)
Vampishtortoise Fri 08-Apr-16 07:27:22

Hi

Wondering if anyone else has had this? I did have light spotting when I was 6-8 weeks pregnant but nothing since. So light that it was only when I wiped and only happened several times. Had an early scan which showed things were ok and subsequently had 12 week scan and listened to heartbeat - all OK. It's been very light just once this morning and now nothing there. Has anyone else had this and everything been ok? Was thinking of monitoring how it goes today and if anymore before ringing for advice.

Hope you can help, going out of my mind here.

HP07 Fri 08-Apr-16 10:00:17

I've had all sorts of episodes of spotting throughout my pregnancy. If you have a good midwife then call her and she should listen in to the baby for you.

RNBrie Fri 08-Apr-16 10:03:06

It can be completely normal, it can also be a sign of a problem. I'd definitely call midwife for advice.

socktastic Fri 08-Apr-16 11:10:02

I had spotting at 18 weeks too. Turned out to be a wee graze on my cervix. Remember the tissue of your cervix and vagina is much more fragile when you're pregnant. I would get it checked though. Do you have a maternity assessment unit near by?

Vampishtortoise Fri 08-Apr-16 11:20:27

Hi I rang the midwife who said to ring the maternity unit. Rang them and they said as it's so light (tmi-not on pad or underwear, only when wiped and stopped now) to monitor over the next 3 hours and if any change, or continuing to go to the unit to be assessed. They didn't seem worried so I feel reassured. I live 5mins away from the hospital so I feel ok for now.

sandy30 Fri 08-Apr-16 22:35:06

Hi Vampish, I had heavy spotting at exactly 18 weeks. The result of that pregnancy is now 17 months and asleep on me! Definitely right to ring the maternity unit . In my case, I was scanned and they couldn't find any visible cause.

Vampishtortoise Fri 08-Apr-16 23:05:15

Thanks for answering everyone. I've had nothing since 8am this morning and no pain. So keeping fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now