Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

11 weeks - can't fasten my trousers!

(10 Posts)
mirrorballs Thu 07-Apr-16 12:43:54

My stomach seems to have popped this week! I'm suddenly looking very pregnant but I'm only 11 weeks! It's my second DC, did anyone else experience this?

I am actually quite overweight anyway but I am already having to use a bobble to fasten my trousers and a bump band to hide it. Nightmare as have recently started a new job and don't want colleagues to know quite yet blush

PinPon Thu 07-Apr-16 12:52:59

Congratulations! Showing definitely happens faster second time round.

Try wearing empire line dresses or tunics with leggings rather than fitted tops. If you wanted to, you could mutter something about bloating and diet to put colleagues off the scent. But if your colleagues are anything like mine, they'll probably be too wrapped up in their own little worlds to notice.

1moretime Thu 07-Apr-16 13:19:46

Snap hun. I'm 11 +1 weeks & im getting ready to go to a funreal this afternoon & my pants won't fasten!!
Ended up in stretchy tights & black skirt...more comfy anyhow.
Xx

Everythinggettingbigger Thu 07-Apr-16 13:25:47

yep....8 weeks when the bobble came out! now 33 weeks and my pants definitely don't fasten! DC2!

Runningupthathill82 Thu 07-Apr-16 13:38:36

I couldn't fit in my jeans at 8 weeks, second time round. Had a visible bump by the 12 week scan.

salemtheteenagecat Thu 07-Apr-16 13:50:05

O I'm currently 10 weeks with my first and i have had to go and buy maternity jeans all ready as i couldn't do up any of my trousers and desperately trying to hid the obvious bumb from work

oldlaundbooth Thu 07-Apr-16 13:51:31

Post Easter bulge?

Tunics, baggy tops.

MyKingdomForBrie Thu 07-Apr-16 13:56:22

I'm 17 weeks and everything still fits but this is my first, girl at work who is same stage with 2nd is showing much more than me and in maternity clothes already. I would rather be showing more!!

mirrorballs Thu 07-Apr-16 16:08:56

Phew, good to know there's others in the same boat! It's a job where I have to wear a uniform top so getting away with a big cardigan over it at the moment, very pleased it's not summer. I definitely havent put on weight but have eaten a massive piece of cake today, they probably just think I'm a fatty wink

Congratulations all of you flowers

NickyEds Thu 07-Apr-16 22:23:10

I got much bigger much quicker with my second too I'm afraid! I think it's just one of those things, or as my dsister rather delicately put it "everything's still shot to shit from last time!", she's a treasure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now