Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mistaken boy or girl?!

(13 Posts)
Laptopontable Wed 06-Apr-16 20:11:59

I had a private scan at 16+4 weeks specifically to sex the baby.. They told me it was a boy. I've had my NHS anomaly scan today at 20+5 and they've said 99.9% it's a girl?!?!
Who do you think is right?
I've spoken to the private scan place and they will rescan but are booked up for weeks. Also they Said it's very unlikely to say boy and turn out girl?
Any opinions or advice?
Thanks

PotteringAlong Wed 06-Apr-16 20:15:17

Nhs. Further along, more likely to be right.

Inwaiting Wed 06-Apr-16 20:16:18

I'd probably be inclined to go with NHS scan too just because the area would be more formed

toadierocks Wed 06-Apr-16 20:46:55

Ahhh sigh to the private scan but I'd say the NHS one would be correct as its later BUT then it's hard to mis-judge seeing a willy...... hmm

Maybe see if the private scan can get you a cancellation slot in the next week, seems very unfair to make you wait for weeks!

I've got a private gender scan booked for this Saturday, I'll be 16+6.

Was the private scan with babybond/ultra sound direct as they might have another clinic nearby that could scan you sooner??

SillyBub Wed 06-Apr-16 20:49:01

A friend of mine was told her DC3, after 2 DS's, was another boy at her 20 week scan. She isn't a boy grin

Nicky333 Wed 06-Apr-16 21:47:26

The woman doing my 20 week NHS scan said that it's easier to miss boy bits and think the baby's a girl than the opposite way round.

Laptopontable Thu 07-Apr-16 19:10:41

Just to update, I had another scan today with another company and a girl was confirmed so they got it wrong at 16 weeks. I'm made up but its been expensive and annoying so I wouldn't trust a scan at 16 weeks.. Wish I'd saved my money now!

Inwaiting Thu 07-Apr-16 19:31:41

Will they give your money back?

Clobbered Thu 07-Apr-16 19:33:22

Easy to mistake a bit of umbilical cord for boy bits early on. Doubt you'll get any money back, unless they absolutely guaranteed to get it right (which I'll bet they didn't!)

NotSoFancyPancy Thu 07-Apr-16 19:34:47

Hope you had not been buying blue clothes etc!

PennyHasNoSurname Thu 07-Apr-16 19:40:29

Babies dont really give a shit what colour they are dressed in so Id not faff on replacing babygros and vests

zoomtothespoon Thu 07-Apr-16 19:51:51

I was told I had a girl at 16 weeks for DC1 (at an NHS scan whilst they determined whether it was a healthy baby)

Then had my 20 week scan and was told it is 100% a boy grin

Laptopontable Thu 07-Apr-16 19:52:24

No they won't give the money back as they can't guarantee they're right. I understand that. Just feel a bit silly for not just waiting and having all the hassle. I hadn't bought anything so that's OK, I just meant it was expensive because I paid for the one that was wrong and as I didn't want to wait weeks for the rescan with them I paid for another one today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now