Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New To Pregnancy and scared stupid

(13 Posts)
MissBBELL Wed 06-Apr-16 15:17:47

Hey all,

I'm 8 weeks and already having alittle bit of a rough time of it but ive been told its all ok by my mum. I'm 23 and having number one. My Partner and me are so confused to weither we a re being over cautions or with its normal. I know everyone is different but Its scaring me.

I don't have many people I can talk to near by and my family are mostly men which doesn't give me many people to talk to.

I wonder how do other people cope with the tiredness and sickness.

BB

Blakerose15 Wed 06-Apr-16 16:24:02

Iv been tired all the time thro this one just getting a little bit bk I'm 24 weeks today n yes a lot of ppl are worried about the first as you don't know what to expect x

MissBBELL Wed 06-Apr-16 16:43:17

Thanks Blakerose15

I'm soo worried why what I'm feeling is normal and am I doing all the right things. It really not normal ground cause I'm a biologist by trade and nature and sudden something in that feel I have no deep understanding about and I'm freaking out.

but at the same time I'm so happy and like yes I'm making a tiny person.
my other half is loving all the mood swings not but he has been so supportive. Mean the baby was a surprise as I fell on the pill.

riverpeanut Wed 06-Apr-16 17:32:09

I have been reading lots of advice and it seems the best thing to do is take it easy in the first trimester. I'm 9weeks and it's my first too!
All these symptoms are pretty scary! It was such a relief to find out the amazing reason behind them all !!

PotteringAlong Wed 06-Apr-16 17:36:59

I don't understand what you're concerned about is normal or not? Which symptoms are worrying you to think you're being over cautious? Be more specific and we'll try and help you smile

novemberchild Wed 06-Apr-16 17:37:40

The tiredness and sickness do often ease off after 12 weeks. You're at the stage where it's usually the worst for both. All you can do is sleep as much as possible and eat whatever comes to mind.

I'm 12 weeks with my third, and the crashing tiredness and sickness are just beginning to ease off smile

thatsn0tmyname Wed 06-Apr-16 17:40:31

I constantly worried until the 12 week scan and the blood test came back OK. I would recommend reading 'What to expect when you're expecting'. It talks you through body and emotional changes week by week. Take care. X

MissBBELL Wed 06-Apr-16 17:43:49

Thanks all

its just the slight cramps they aren't pain full but I worried if they were something bad but as far as ive read that's my body starting to change.

and yeah taking it easier would be ok.

I'm worried aswell surely I shouldn't need to pee so much already defo no UTIs or anything just water seems to pass threw me. Is this normal?

quitecrunchy Wed 06-Apr-16 17:49:19

Have you checked out the antenatal clubs boards on here? There will be a thread for the month you're due. Has kept me sane so far! Other than that, sleep when you can, eat when and what you can and generally be kind to yourself smile

quitecrunchy Wed 06-Apr-16 17:51:03

And yeah the peeing and slight cramps are completely normal!

MissBBELL Wed 06-Apr-16 18:10:34

Thanks guys its making me feel alittle better.

Liss85 Wed 06-Apr-16 19:24:55

It's my first and I've basically just googled everything. There hasn't been anything I couldn't find out the answer to.

Cakeymum Thu 07-Apr-16 10:54:57

Ooh yes the peeing and cramps. Normal. I am expecting DC2 in July and still worried about symptoms. You never stop worrying even when they are 3 years old smile

cramps were more like stitches / muscle twinges - its just your muscles stretching and expanding. google round ligament pain for later on

peeing - just gets worse ;). google pelvic floor exercises, may as well start squeezing now! I had a few near misses last time when coughing, sneezing etc... oops

Tiredness - rest rest rest, just go with it, early nights, naps on the sofa. You are growing a human, its tiring. My first signs both times were extreme tiredness, i'd fall asleep at 8pm in front of the telly like clockwork. 25 weeks and i still can't make it past about 9pm.

Sickness - don't worry too much about what you are eating, if your body wants toast for dinner 4 nights in a row, have it. baby will get nutrients from what you have stored, so just eat what you can. it will get better

I've got a degree and MSc in Biology - doesn't make you feel any more prepared but does help with a lot of the science speak and making your own decisions on what internet advice to follow and what is total clap trap.

good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now