Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2 negative tests

(2 Posts)
mich2689 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:54:07

We have been trying for our 2nd baby for 4 months now. I fell on very quickly with our first so was expecting the same....however no luck so far. Since coming off my pill I have had a period like clockwork every 28 days. This month I'm 3 days late so was excited to take a test and found it was negative tried again today and still negative. Likelihood is that I'm not pregnant but just wanted to see if any other people have had negative tests but a week later or so showed a positive test? Clutching at straws here but wanted to ask!! Thanks

St4r Tue 05-Apr-16 20:29:35

Hey.
This happened to me too. We had been trying for about 3 months though. I wrote a similar message and a few people told me that trying for a baby can throw off your period timings. I was as regular as clock work too. Try another test in a few days but chances are that you're not pregnant. Sorry. I know how I felt with this so I feel for you. I used to get so worked up about negative tests. However that particular month I decided I need to stop worrying and just enjoy trying. Then I got my positive the next month. Also, some women can take a while to get pregnant after stopping certain contraceptives. Put you chin up and try to to worry, worrying is the worse thing you can do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now