Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

All the gear, no idea - what book should I read?!

(7 Posts)
shelbTa Tue 05-Apr-16 13:18:10

Hi

First time mum - all the love is there and other preparations but no real idea about the practical stuff to do with a newborn - sleep cycles, colic, what they should sleep in, colostrum etc.

We will go to the ante natal classes (NHS ones) but wondered if anyone had good suggestions for a book?

Thanks x

luckySwallow13 Tue 05-Apr-16 16:16:43

Place marking as I am ftm and looking for book suggestions too . I don't think I'll be able to go to antenatal classes so Defo need a book or something smile

PonderLand Tue 05-Apr-16 17:01:04

Hi smile I'm a ftm too, due in June and feel the same as you

I haven't really got any suggestions but I've just ordered What To Expect - The First Year after searching for a while. The reviews on amazon seem good overall, hopefully it has the basic stuff in it blush

CamembertQueen Tue 05-Apr-16 17:12:56

Ftm here too, I ordered The essential baby guide dvds off Amazon. They are so good, you get 6 dvds about 90mins each and they cover everything!

Annarose2014 Tue 05-Apr-16 17:16:43

You don't need a book - just use the search function here! No matter what question you have someone will have asked it on here already! I basically learnt everything about newborns by searching here.

booked83 Tue 05-Apr-16 17:19:22

I'm on my 3rd n final round mum and never picked up a book once... Go with those instincts, ask on here, as health visitor! There's no right or wrong! X

OwlinaTree Tue 05-Apr-16 17:21:29

I found the baby whisperer book very good as a bit of a guide to what babies are like. Gives a guideline for getting them into a routine by tuning into your baby and it's needs, rather than just going with a given schedule.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now