Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2-nd miscarriage

(10 Posts)
julia02 Tue 05-Apr-16 12:34:42

Hi there. I got pregnant 6 months after first miscarriage. At the first time they just did me a scan and a blood test. This time, after 2 days that I got the pregnancy test positive start bleeding. I went to a&e, just gave me amoxicillin for urine infection and book an ultrasound for the other day. On the scan, they couldn't see anything. Maybe, 1-2 weeks pregnant. They did a blood test and they say I had a miscarriage bcs the hormone level was to low. After two weeks, I have to do another pregnancy test. Doctor didn't say to me, to clean me inside or whatever. I feel so down. My hope has gone. I dont know, if i will be any day mum 😢😢😢. Has it happen to anyone? What have you done? Have you take any medicine? Help pls

CityMole Tue 05-Apr-16 12:54:24

I'm so sorry for your loss. flowers

If you are worried, you ought to speak to your GP and make sure that your notes record these two miscarriages. I believe that doctors will look into reasons behind 'recurrent miscarriages' but this needs to be three or more in a row.
www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/wp/wp-content/leaflets/Recurrent-Miscarriage.pdf

julia02 Tue 05-Apr-16 13:05:58

Many thanks citymole 😊

Artioo2 Tue 05-Apr-16 13:17:42

I had two miscarriages in a row and went on to have a healthy pregnancy the next time, and I'm now 29 weeks pregnant again. It's actually not uncommon to have two consecutive miscarriages, and my consultant told me it doesn't decrease your chances of a healthy pregnancy. It's hard to go through, I know, but don't give up hope.

julia02 Tue 05-Apr-16 13:34:38

@artioo2 Do you do any control after the second miscarriage? Or do you take any medicine? 🌸

Eastend2015 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:22:50

Hi Julia, I am so sorry for your losses. It's hopefully 3rd time lucky for us too, and I am also 29 weeks. After 2 miscarriages we had some private miscarriage counselling and also had a few basics checked. It cost about £250 in total but was worth it for me to put my mind at rest. As PPs have said, sadly several MCs are more common than you would think.

julia02 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:35:19

Thnx eastend2015. How many months after miscarriage u got pregnant?

Artioo2 Tue 05-Apr-16 19:04:56

julia, no, I didn't have any medication or treatment - where I am, they don't consider miscarriage 'recurrent' until you've had three, at which point they will investigate. But as I say, a consultant told me that it was just one of those things, and two miscarriages in a row didn't statistically affect my chances of conceiving again.

Eastend2015 Tue 05-Apr-16 20:44:27

7/8 months. Good luck!

Lollipopstick Tue 05-Apr-16 22:08:50

Don't worry too much -

I'm 14 weeks pregnant after four miscarriages in a row -so I know how you feel

I had my last miscarriage in November and was pregnant in January

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now